April 17, 2015

Five for Friday {Linky Party… April 17th}

 

fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool. Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.Divider-1_thumb3

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_8878   IMG_8877

IMG_8902

   IMG_8904IMG_8912

We did these cute directed frog drawings this week. These are included in my Spring Directed Drawing unit. They turned out cute and look good hanging in the hall.

Divider-2_thumb3

IMG_8845    IMG_8844   IMG_8849   IMG_8851 

We had a lady from a local science museum make a school visit and bring a few warm and fuzzy reptiles to pet. HA! Ironically, we also had two snakes on our playground this week and I found a baby turtle in my classroom Thursday morning. I gave the turtle to our school’s  3 & 4 year old classroom and heard they named him {or her} Pickle.

Divider-3_thumb3

Presentation1

I am trying to make my little ones more responsible and take care of their business. This week they had six things they were responsible for doing. I made a class list and if they missed doing one of these I crossed their name off the list. Not that I am trying to call them out for NOT being responsible BUT.. these are things they have actually been doing ALL YEAR and it was time to hold them accountable. Today is the last day of the week and I have chocolate chip cookies for anyone that has been responsible ALL week. My reward was actually going to be an extra recess but.. it has rained and rained and rained and is STILL RAINING! So, cookies it will be!

And, I have three more “responsibilities” to add to the board for next week.

I blurred out my class list on purpose : o)

Divider-4_thumb3

IMG_8886   IMG_8894
These frog ABC order cards were one of our small group activities this week. Each card had three spelling words  and they had to pick which word would come first in ABC order.

Divider-5_thumb3

IMG_8889   IMG_8890

We also did a little large number word stamping this week. I love how independent my kids are this time of the year. Centers, small groups or any activity takes a brief explanation and we are ready to start. August will be here before we know it and will be back to modeling every step I expect them to make. 

Also

We have 20 {yes, TWENTY} days of school left! WHAT!?!?

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Fun number stamping idea! My Young 5's class can read number words to ten but I'm sure they'd love to get the stamps out and do a similar activity!

    Thank you for hosting Five for Friday!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey,
    I really like the responsibility idea. I'm going to have to try it. By the way, those frogs are adorable!

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those frogs! They are so cute and look like such a fun art project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have 19 days left, and I keep pinching myself! :) It will be a crazy 4 weeks! Good luck with your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your frog drawings are adorable!!! I have been using directed drawings with my students this year for the first time and I am loving them!! Happy Weekend!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya on the responsibility thing! I think that's a great idea!! and I love the froggies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you make your "responsibilities" posters available? They are so stinking cute and, boy, do we need them, too!!!

    ReplyDelete