October 3, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. October 3}

 

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Divider 1

A few weeks ago I shared our class Clifford Book Posters that we did as a guided lesson. We did those as a sample for a home project that I required my first graders to do. This past Monday was the due date for their home projects.

IMG_7375

They each had a different Clifford book and were required to do a poster. It was a great learning experience and they were proud of their projects. They look great covering a huge part of our hallway outside our classroom.

IMG_7377


Divider 2

IMG_7351IMG_7370

It is Homecoming Week at our school. The high school is on the same campus with us so we are fully engaged in all the fun! Nothing is more exciting than daily dress up days! Let me tell you.. this is BY FAR… been the most exciting week ever for my little guys!

Monday was pajama day. Tuesday was Camo Day. We skipped Wednesday {which was Decade Day} for a field trip, Thursday was Color War Day. Our class color was orange! WE ROCKED IT! And today was Jersey/School Spirit Day.


Divider 3

The theme for Homecoming was “Rolling Through the Decades”. Each elementary class was given a “decade” and we had to do a poster/banner to hang in the lobby of the gym. We got the 80’s.

Which I was excited about.. but trying to explain to 6 year olds about the 80’s was WAAAY over their little brains.

So, most didn’t “get it” but we still had fun making our sign. They totally understand about a video game so they were all into our PAC MAN sign!

IMG_7402     IMG_7405

They each made a Pac Man ghost.

IMG_7430

And they each got to stick lots of round stickers on the maze/game board. Trust me when I tell you that I drew pencil lines for them to follow when they were putting on the stickers so I have NO idea how the lines got so wiggly. But, it gives it some added flair!

IMG_7433

Here is the finished product.

I love projects like this!


Divider 4IMG_7272IMG_7325   IMG_7330IMG_7284   IMG_7314

This past Monday I was asked to do an interview for a newspaper that is published in Mississippi about my Doodle Bugs Paper {stationery} business. This was completely out of my comfort zone but was an honor and an experience that I knew I did not want to miss. The interview lasted about an hour and then they did a little photo shoot of my office and some products. afterwards.

IMG_7358


Divider 5

And just like that.. I blinked and it was October. We have finished 1/4 of the our school year! Time is flying by!

IMG_7436

We did a few “October”things this week to celebrate a new month.

This cut & paste spelling sheet is from my Months of the Year Unit.

IMG_7438

Is there anyone that doesn’t LOVE October? Such a fun month!

This ordinal color word sheet is from my Months of the Year Unit.

IMG_7440

This cut and paste activity is from my Halloween Unit.


4f34dc357304bae08a25b20a44f0fc40

Have a great weekend! Link up below….

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kacey! I love your home office and your stationery set-up! So cute! Congratulations on the featured article. That is so cool!
    I gotta love your Pac Man sign for sure!!!!

    Thank you for the fun link up each week!
    Carrie
    i Heart Second

    The Think Aloud Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVE your office - I need one like that! Too cool that you got the 80s! I would have gone crazy with that one! :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pac man board. Such a cute idea!! Congrats on your article. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that you were featured in an article! Your Pac Man sign is fabulous. I grew up in the 80s but NEVER played Pac Man. Shocking, right? I didn't even have big hair until the early 90s. I DID have stirrup pants, though!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Pac Man sign was a great idea; way to relate it to something the kids understand. Your office is awesome as well. Have a great weekend!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still like playing Pacman! Ms. Pacman was always my favorite!! Thanks for throwing the party and inviting all of us!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' the Pacman sign - brings back memories - did you have a puffball skirt? Can't quite believe it's October already! Thanks for the linky :-)
    Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Your pac man poster is awesome, it looked like a fun week. I don't know how you have the energy for all you do, but I'm so glad you do, I love your fall clip cards, my students are actually excited to practice their skills! Paula @ educating childrenwith disabilities.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love the Pac Men idea! So cute and fun for little guys! I'm also eyeing your stationary for gifts this Christmas love it!


    Jennifer
    Teaching with Grace

    ReplyDelete