February 22, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party…February 22}

 

fiveforfriday

Helllllooooooo Friday!

I have spent this week lysoling, choloroxing, and germxing. Seriously. The flu has hit and I have had lots of little ones out. I am trying my best from catching it and keeping the rest of my class that is well from catching it. Yikes!

Here are 5 random things from this week.. join me in posting your “Five for Friday” and add your link below.

……………………

001

1. Y’all know I love a direct drawing activity. I found this one last weekend on TpT and knew it was the perfect Presidential activity. We plan on doing George next week! I cannot wait! You dan download the directions here. I usually make up my own drawings but  this Abraham Lincoln one was perfect! I am hoping to do a President’s Day post and I will show you the final products. They are funny!

……………………

006

2. It was payday on Wednesday from Ebates.. Seriously, friends… this is a no brainer. If you shop online you should be using Ebates}. I get a check 4 times a year for doing NOTHING! They give you cash back for purchases you make online.

I am planning on ordering from Lands End this weekend.. so instead of going straight to the Land’s end website. I go to Ebates first.. search and click on Land’s End and it takes me straight to the Land’s End website. And because I made this extra step- I will get 6% back from my purchase. It’s small change.. but it adds up.

Disclaimer: Just so you don’t think I am being shady.. yes, I earn referral cash if you sign up under me. So, I am getting something BUT why would you not do it?

……………………

017

3. My school has an annual silent/live auction and it is coming up in 2 weeks.I always paint a canvas with my class. I have done a cross painting each year- so we will do another cross this year too. We started on our project this week.

……………………

007

4. I have been working hard and designing new products for my stationery business {Doodle Bugs Paper}. Graduation is coming up soon and I have been working on new folded note designs. I would love for you to follow my blog or follow me on facebook.

……………………

blackbox

5. Last week, I posted the picture above and I got several questions about What is the black box? 019Each week I send home sight word flashcards with my kids. They all keep a black box at home with all their words inside for practice. They bring their black boxes to school on Thursday for me to “check”.

……………………

I hope you will consider posting your “Five for Friday” post on your blog and linking up. Last week over 100 linked up!

Enjoy your weekend!!

 

25 comments:

  1. Gosh, that directed drawing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad I'm not linking up this week! I was sick and have too much to do! :(
    Next time!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love the new stationary designs! We're going to check them out on your blog!

    :) Tamra and Sarah
    firstgradebuddies2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to link up tomorrow :) I wanted to say that I love your stationary, the black boxes are too COOL, and I love ebates!!!!

    Bridget
    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I linked up with you :) Thanks for having one of the best linky parties (Friday whoohoo!)

    Laura
    http://lovetoteach123.blogspot.com

    I am having a giveaway on my blog I hope you can check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your newsletter is great! Thank you for hosting the linky and sharing all of your ideas! I enjoy linking up and seeing what everyone else has been up to during the week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. How do you do the sight words? I would LOVE to know.
    sydcohn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! Your stationary looks fantastic - but that does not suprise me -all of your stuff does!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the same directed drawing this week! I loved it...and so did my kids!! This was my first time doing a "directed drawing", and I am a new fan of the concept!!! Thanks for hosting a great linky!!
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love directed drawings. I have only done 2, but want to do more. Thanks for sharing.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first Five for Friday Linky party. So excited to join. Sherry
    Kindergarten Milestones

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got my Ebates check this week too. Love it!

    Stacy
    Live Love Laugh and Teach!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your stationary is lovely! Have a great rest of the weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stationary! Looks wonderful!

    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use ebates too! Except most of my online shopping is through Amazon and they don't accept the stuff I purchase from Amazon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have heard of ebates but didn't know how it worked! So awesome!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am LOVING your note cards. I will definitely be paying a visit to your other blog :) I can't wait to look through everything.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a fun link-up. Thank you for letting all of us share in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your newsletter is great! Is there any way you would consider sending me a copy?
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun!! My VERY FIRST Friday Five!! :) Thank you for hosting such a great linky...I'm excited to find some new blogs to follow.

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am your newest follower! Thanks so much for this great linky idea! I am enjoying learning from other teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for the Ebates plug. I shop online all the time, and now I can get money back! SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So excited to link up with you for the first time! Thanks for hosting such a great one! =)
    -Jackie-
    Sister Teachers

    ReplyDelete