March 1, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. March 1}

fiveforfriday

 

Every week .. we do this fun little Five for Friday linky party where we list 5 random things from the week.

………………………………….

 

1. Last week we did Abraham Lincoln drawings.. this week we had fun drawing George! Such cuteness!

002004

………………………………….

2. I was doing a little blog reading this week.. when I came across a blog post written by Miss Squirrels about my 120 packet. What a fun surprise to see!

squirrels

………………………………….

3. Several years ago.. I got a  hooked on a facebook game you might remember called farkle! Good grief.. it consumed too much of my time. Well, somehow I have managed to avoid the games since then.. until a friend talked me into playing Candy Crush.  I have been clearing all the “jelly” and dropping “apples and cherries” since! Trouble! Trouble!

001

………………………………….

4. Some of my little ones are still having trouble with telling time.. even though I feel like I am beating it into their brains! So, out comes the little Judy clocks. A favorite every year.

001

………………………………….
5. It is always fun to get some “good mail” in the mail.. especially when it is from the famous Kimberly Geswein.
 
022
 
Post your Five for Friday.. and link up below!
 

21 comments:

  1. I love everything from Kimberly Geswein!!! Her fonts are AMAZING. I still have not checked out Candy Crush...even though everyone seems to be playing it!! and I did a Statue of Liberty directed drawing with my K class...I am going to try George Washington next week! Your kids did a great job!!!

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! You got mail from KG! Jealous!!! I love my jody clocks I inherited form my mom! All the other teachers are so jealous I have a full set plus the big teacher one with gears.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want mail from Kimberly! That is awesome and I am so COMPLETELY JEALOUS!

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the George Washington drawings your kiddos are doing! And I'm jealous about that mail as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that game too! I play it on my ipad! :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying over those adorbs Washingtons!!!

    Rachelle
    http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that George Washington drawing!! Adorable! Thanks for hosting such a fun Linky :)

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my kiddos was talking about that candy game today!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the post too over at Miss Squirrel's blog and came back over to purchase this unit! It was just what I needed:)

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  10. We did the directed drawings too!! We linked up again, just like every Friday. But... We featured our recorded song this time. You'll have to check it out. Thanks for hosting this linky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Time is always tough! I'm jealous of the little Judy clocks! I have a big one, but my little ones are just the dinky things that came with our series!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should film you doing a directed drawing!!! (and then I will play it for my kiddos)!
    Squirrels
    Going Nutty!
    misssquirrels@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I have been pretty addicted to Candy Crush too! Not very healthy! ><

    Pam
    Diary of a First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those George's are too cute. We have stayed away from Candy Crush...for now. Adore everything Kimberly Geswein. Happy Friday!

    Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Friday! I am so happy to be linking up for my very first 5 for Friday with you! I love your 1-120 chart! Need one of those! And your crafty art is adorable! Thank you for allowing me to join in on the fun! Mine is a pretty long one, but it's my first so I guess that's ok!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such cute George Washington's!!!!!
    I have stayed away from Candy Crush -- but I'm interested!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Kacey...you and I are going to be great blog buds! A pencil and a blank piece of paper are my go-to's in class! I absolutely adore directed drawings! Yours are too cute!

    Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  18. I refuse to give into the Candy Crush!!!! I spend too much time on the computer/phone as it is! Ha ha ha!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete