August 26, 2016

Five for Friday {Link Up.. August 26th}


Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool. Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.


Week 3 - Day 15 DONE
Honestly, it's been tough. 
My little firsties {are cute and fun!} but are also a handful. 
18 little bodies that are constantly on the GO and they are a social little bunch. 
{otherwise.. they could talk for DAYS!!} 
I have enjoyed them and we will eventually get into a more solid routine with procedures.
It's just taking a little extra time and a lot of patience for me. 
This is year #17 for me. 
Let's skip to October! 
They will be AWESOME first graders then and I probably won't be so tired!



In whatever spare time I have had the last few weeks I have finished up a fun apple math centers unit. It includes 12 apple centers with recording or follow up sheets.



Oriental Trading let me pick a few items to use in my classroom then share with you on my blog.  
I picked these unifix cube cards immediately!
These pattern cards were a perfect early finisher activity during my small group time this week. 


They have some great items in their Education Category. 
These cards are really sturdy cardboard. And, there are 50 of them in a set.
And they best part.. They are $5.40. 
A perfect hands on activity for my first graders.


I also created a Oriental Trading wishlist a few weeks back to share with my parents and social media friends. It's a perfect way to ask for donations!




We have been working on short a word families the last two weeks. 
These word sorts are perfect for table time with me.




And as always.. Friday is my favorite day of the week! Happy Weekend. 
Jump over to pinterest to follow my Friday board!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

How to join the Five for Friday linky party....
Grab the button at the top
post your Five for Friday post on your blog
Put the button somewhere in your blog post and
link it back to this post
and add your link to the link-up below 



3 comments:

  1. I mention in my post about my students having trouble learning the rules in procedures! I forget every year is like a clean slate and how much time and patience goes in to making sure students know what is expected of them.

    Erin
    Chevron and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those unifix cube cards are AH-MAZ-ING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My students start back this coming Wednesday, and I'm already overwhelmed by how much I need to teach them! I feel this way every year. I know what you mean about longing for October! Hang in there!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete