November 6, 2015

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. November 6th}

fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb2

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool. Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Divider-1_thumb3

IMG_0319IMG_0324

Hellllooooo November!

After the craziness of last week and all the Halloween fun I was MORE than ready to pack up the candy corn, spiders and jack-o-lanterns and trade them in for turkeys, Pilgrims and Indians! We welcomed November with these printables from my Months of the Year Unit. A favorite of mine each month!

Divider-2_thumb3

IMG_0326

Another activity we do each month is to spell the month of the year. This can be found in my Thanksgiving Centers and Activities Unit.

 

Divider-3_thumb3

IMG_0330

We also made these super simple scrapbooking paper turkeys. {and my paper cloud is still holding strong!!}

IMG_0329

Divider-4_thumb3

 

IMG_0305  IMG_0306IMG_0307

I got these fun hands-on cut out pieces from Carson Dellosa and wanted to share them with you! I know you have seen Mr. Gallon Man- but these are cut out pieces that students can use to make the Gallon man on a table or the floor. There are 8 sets of pieces included in a set. I LOVE that I could pair my students up and they each had their own set to put together as we walked through making Mr. Gallon. And, they are a STEAL at $6.00. I laminated my pieces and put each set in a separate ziplock bag. They make practicing and learning liquid measurement just a little bit more fun!

You can find them here….Carson Dellosa Gallon Man Cut Outs

Divider-5_thumb3

IMG_0309

And, while I am sharing the Mr. Gallon Man I also want to tell you about this good resource.

IMG_0310  IMG_0311

If you need some differentiated reading passages with questions this is a great option.

Each passage has three different levels- and the levels are marked with these little dots at the bottom. Then, there is a comprehension page for each passage.

IMG_0313

Makes planning a breeze! And, it includes a handy Common Core chart at the front of the book.

IMG_0314

You can find it here.. Reading Differentiated Comprehension Passages

…………

I hope you have a great weekend! Link up your Five for Friday post below!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your turkeys!! So cute!! Thanks for so many great ideas!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your months of the year unit looks awesome I also love those turkeys! Thank you for sharing these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first Five for Friday post... thanks for creating such a fun linky, and for sharing your own resources and activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to join my first linky party. Especially, one that I've been following since I was just a teacher training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always post such adorable ideas! Thanks again for hosting the link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paper cloud! Oh my word! I need one of those. That is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your turkeys and November activities are great! Thanks for sharing gallon man. It would make teaching that topic a lot more fun for the kids and for me! Have a nice week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cute turkeys!!! Thanks for another great week and linky party!

    Blessings, Kenzie

    Shooflydesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete