July 11, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. July 11}

fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb3

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Divider-1_thumb5

113

In one month friends.. school is back on! Not just teacher work days.. but the little ones come on August 11th. You know the feeling of back to school panic? It’s slowly creeping in.. I have had a few sleepless nights already. Crazy! Just go to sleep and quit thinking about stuff!!!

Our first teacher work day will be Thursday, August 6th but I will be working many, many days before to get ready.

Divider-2_thumb4

BHSH0Are you joining in on the Blog Hoppin Scavenger Hunt on Instagram? I plan on doing a separate post about the scavenger hunt over the weekend. But, jump over to Blog Hoppin and read all the juicy details!

You can also follow me on Instagram HERE!

Divider-3_thumb4

 

dogunit061

I finished my Dog Crazy Math Centers this week. I will be back later next week with a blog post with more details.. but you can see them for yourself in my store. If you download the preview you can see all the details and what is included. These are in the same format as my Cat Crazy Math Centers.

And you can buy them as a Bundle too!

Here are some quick links..

Dog CrazyCat CrazyThe Bundle

Divider-4_thumb7

mathfactpracticesheets

And.. here is the next project. A HUGE {gigantic} file of math practice sheets. Like 250 pages of math facts. Hello math homework and morning work for the YEAR! Coming VERY Soon!

Divider-5_thumb5

026104

I feel like since this whole crazy obsession of 2048 started on Five for Friday that I should keep you updated. I have been {thisclose} a few times and get so stinkin’ frustrated not to be able to get to 2048. I introduced my sister to the game and she nicely sends me this picture via text a few days ago.

2048

.. It only put the pressure on me even more. She did inform me that there were no fireworks or prizes once you won. Boo!

Oh well… I must keep playing.

23 comments:

  1. I've seen some posts about the Blog Hoppin Scavenger Hunt but I haven't read any details so far. I'm looking forward to your post about it so I can learn more! :)

    Suzanna
    Surprisingly Seventh

    ReplyDelete
  2. We start back on the 11th, too, but just the teachers. Kiddos start on the 13th!
    Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to report back om August 8 for new teacher orientation (I have been teaching 17 years, but I changed districts! LOL) I have so much to get done, I'm going to a grade I have never taught (3rd). Right now I am trying to go through a bunch of my first grade stuff to decided what to keep and what to give away.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so blog hop savvy, so I can't wait to read more about the blog hop!!! I think I REALLY need to check out the game 2048! I think I would love that, and I could see that even being a fun Friday thing with my 6th grade math students!!!!
    Lori
    Mixing it up in Middle

    ReplyDelete
  5. School starts Aug 6 for Kids. Teachers have to be back July 30 here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blog hop idea. I hope to join. Teachers report here on August 13. I'm enjoying every summer day as long as I can. We are waiting for portable for our fourth grade; therefore, none of us can get into our school until later this month. Preparing at home for the big unpack day that I left behind in June.
    Learn with ME in Grade Three

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your doggy centers! :) We don't start back until aug. 25 but teachers report the 19th and I am moving schools so I need to start getting set up around the first week of August...it's starting to get crunch time here too!

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2048. Good thing I learned about it during the summer!! Haha. Good luck, you are very close!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. We also go back to work on August 11th! I can't believe there is exactly 30 days until school stars. I'm never ready! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. We go back early too! Our Open House is on August 11th and we start school August 14th! Yikes! It's all going soooo fast!

    Good luck in the scavenger hunt! I've started but I'm barely breaking 25 points right now. I'm doing it more for fun than anything else.

    Happy Friday,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO addicted to 2048! I've gotten 4096 a few times. Now I want it every time I play! If you try to keep your largest number in a corner, it really helps.

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in love with your new centers! I want to get both packs!

    Marcy
    Searching for Teacher Balance

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to you I am also hooked on 2048 and I haven't won yet either!! Also addicted to Two Dots. Thanks a lot. ;) Loving the Bloghoppin hunt!

    Kristin
    My Carolina Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe school will be starting so soon! It's scary yet exciting at the same time! I have not heard of that game but now I'll have to check it out! PS I love this link each week!

    Jamie

    Drop By...
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe school will be starting so soon! It's scary yet exciting at the same time! I have not heard of that game but now I'll have to check it out! PS I love this link each week!

    Jamie

    Drop By...
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't believe school will be starting so soon! It's scary yet exciting at the same time! I have not heard of that game but now I'll have to check it out! PS I love this link each week!

    Jamie

    Drop By...
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was starting to think 2048 was unwinnable! Can't get past 1024.
    Deb
    Not very fancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe school is starting so soon either! Summer has flown by!


    Kerry
    FlipFloppingToSchool

    ReplyDelete
  19. Our students come on the 21st, but our in-service day is the 19th and then Open House is that night. I will head in to the building in the early mornings starting next week to work in short spurts to get ready! Your Dog Math activities are just so cute! As always, thanks for the weekly link up!
    ~Jennifer
    Stories and Songs in Second

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel your panic for back to school. Teachers go back August 8th for us....eeeek!! Where does the summer fly?
    -Lovely Nina
    Lovely Nina Designs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for introducing me to 2048! Quite possibly worse than candy crush in terms of my addiction, lol. A tip that helped me was to never swipe down unless absolutely necessary. This keeps all your big numbers on top. I too have gotten past 2048 now and thought the game would stop and was surprised that you can basically just go indefinitely!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, so by August 11, I will have already had my students 6 days and I will have been back 3 weeks! I've two weeks from Monday until I report back :(. I'm totally addicted to 2048 and get in trouble for playing it too much! I don't know that I'll ever get the ellusive 2048 tile!

    Rissa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your last few weeks, can't believe you go back so soon. I will spend the next month trying to do as well as you on 2048. I am so glad I introduced you to the game! I can't believe your sister won - amazing :)
    Tammy
    Teaching Math K to 5

    ReplyDelete