June 13, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. June 13th}

 
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

 

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.
 
 
 
 
IMG_5811IMG_5812IMG_5813
For the past few summers our local library has asked our art teacher to come in and teach a summer art class. I tag along as an assistant. We had our class this past Wednesday and we made these super cute robots.
 

 
IMG_5831
Last week I finished up my Cat Math Centers. This week I am working on the companion set- a DOG set! These both have 15 math centers each. The Cat set is currently in my store and the Dog Unit will be listed soon.

 
IMG_5839
I am really not a gum chewer BUT I am  trying to stop the sugar cravings so I am chewing gum on and off all day long.. and there are packs everywhere! I have probably chewed more gum in the last month than I have in the last 5 years… seriously!

 
IMG_5834
Sorry, this is a terrible picture.
 
Every year at this time we have birds come and build a nest in the exact same spot on our front porch. We called them mud martins but I am not sure what they are really called.
 
I was told they come back to the same spot each year so. So, I tend to believe they are the same birds and when they leave in a few weeks they will be returning next year in late Spring/early Summer.
 
They are VERY aggressive and will fly within inches of your head. We love to watch people when they come to our front door. We are used to them and we talk to them all the time when we go out the door. It’s pretty funny.. and we amuse ourselves!  Even our cats are used to them now.
 

 
 
IMG_5815    IMG_5814
A friend recommended the game Two Dots to me this week.. TROUBLE! TROUBLE! So, incase you need a time waster .. this is it!
 
 
 
Have a great weekend! Link up your post below!
 

13 comments:

  1. I think they are birds we call barn swallows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two Dots....OH how frustrated that game makes me! I've been taking it WAY to seriously. And then all my lives are gone and I have to wait for them to reload. I'm too obsessed!

    Jenny
    Livin’ the Third Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute robots! I might try the Two Dots game out, but then I might resist the urge to become addicted lol. Thanks for doing this linky! I love it.

    -Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I just discovered Two Dots this week too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The robots look great. Bet the kids loved making them!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the robots! I am going to have to avoid that game, really trying to avoid the addictive games - I really get sucked in and take them too serious! But then again, maybe I will just see what it is about!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check out Two Dots. I'm a game addict, I think! Is the gum working? I have a few habits I need to kick.

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to try 2 Dots. Have you played 2048? I'm an addict! Good luck with the sugar cravings. Drink lots of water, it will fill you up. :)
    Tammy
    Teaching Math K to 5

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved hearing the story about those birdies! How funny! Congrats on staying focused and working on a new product....my To Do list continues to grow!
    Have fun soakin' up the sun!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved hearing the story about those birdies! How funny! Congrats on staying focused and working on a new product....my To Do list continues to grow!
    Have fun soakin' up the sun!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I love reading your blog and reading the blogs on the link-up. Do any of you know how to add blog buttons to a blogger page? I'd love to share the blogs I read with my friends!

    Thanks for any of your help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool idea! I just started a blog this summer and am finding a ton of great ideas and teachers to follow. Thanks for sharing and I hope to link up at some point this summer...if I figure out how to. :) I'd also like to know the answer to the question above - how do I add your buttons to my page?

    ReplyDelete