September 6, 2013

Five for Friday {linky party… September 6}

fiveforfriday2_thumb3

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.


It was a short week due to Labor Day but it felt like a really long week! As always, I welcome the weekend and look forward to a little extra sleep and fun.

010

We welcomed September this week and used some of the activities that are in my Months Unit.

011

We are right in the middle of football season at our school and I took down my back to school bulletin board and door decorations- and got into a little school spirit. You can download a similar door decoration here.

020

A few years ago I ordered Heidi Songs CVC/Word Families books and I use these a lot when teaching short vowels. They are a life saver. {There are 2 volumes.} This matching activity is perfect review practice for my first graders.

002

004

Our theme this week was dogs- and we have been enjoying some favorite dog activities.

Who doesn’t love cute dogs? Last year I printed a lot of cute dog pictures from the internet, mounted on cardstock, laminated and put on a ring. We actually voted on the cutest one last year and it was a mini lesson on graphing, tally marks, etc.. This year we haven’t used these in other way except looking and oohing.. My first graders have worn them out looking at these pictures. They are on my book table so anytime they get a few minutes to read to themselves- they grab the set of dog pictures and I have to remind them about sharing. HA! You can find all the pictures I printed {and other animals} on My  ♥  of Animals Pinterest Board.

Beware: I have plans on doing cat pictures.. so you see tons of cats too!

001

Every 4 months this ends up in my Five for Friday when I get this mail.. but seriously WHY are you not using Ebates? No, I am not getting rich but free money is awesome right?

They have a referral program so if you sign up.. I would love for your to use this link.

Happy Friday Y’all!

 

Link up below….

7 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the dog pictures! What an awesome idea! I haven't heard of Ebates! I'm checking it out for sure!!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO, September is a tricky one to spell - I think my Grade 3's need to do this activity too!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks so much for the shout out! What a nice surprise for me! Woo hoo!!!
    :)
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the dog pics make me smile. I will have to check out your pinterest pins! Thanks!

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete