August 11, 2011

Classroom Pics–Post #2

 

Well, I survived the first day.. and I am TIRED! Just like every year.. I wonder if I have enough patience to “train” another group.. but, I am sure I have plenty.

003

This is my calendar/morning board corner.

The board on the left side is where I display good work each week. If a student’s paper gets selected to go on the board they earn a sticker for their sticker chart.

002

Here is a close up of my calendar board. I want to put birthdays in that empty spot where I put the “welcome back to school” sign.. but after thinking about it I think I am going to put birthdays above the board on the wall.. so I need something else for that big empty spot..

I do like to put something seasonal or something theme/unit related on my board to change it a little throughout the year but I think that space is too big and it looks empty right now.

019

016

Front view- with money signs and community supply shelf.

017

 

My kids keep their own school supply box with pencils, colors and a glue stick. This shelf is here for when they need something they don’t have.

 

Tomorrow is another 1/2 day.. thankfully. I am not ready for a whole day yet!

13 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through your first day. It always is a Make It Through kind of day. :) Your room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks great! I love the way your coins are clouded like that! I pinned it so I can re-create it! Hope you don't mind!
    Cyndy
    Counting with Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the time of year when you realize how far you got your last class and try desperately to remember how you got them there. I had half of my class today and I'm so exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks so nice!
    - Elizabeth
    http://firstyearinthe3rdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the bright colors in your classroom! It is inviting. I especially L.O.V.E. your money clouds under your whiteboard. Keep up the fabulous work.

    Alicia
    First Grade Factory

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the coins...did you free hand draw the words or are they a font?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your classroom is so dang neat & organized!! LOVE it! Those money posters are INsanely cute...MUST have them!! HA!! But seriously, all of your stuff is always so dang cute!! I love that y'all start the year with half days. Great idea!!!

    Cara :)
    The First Grade Parade

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I can't wait to get back in my classroom and get it ready for another year. Last year was my first year teaching Kinder and I am excited to go back with the knowledge I have from last year and make some improvements!

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  9. great looking room ! love your blog !

    julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good and your money cloud pin on pinterest has really taken off (it is what brought me here and I keep seeing repins of it). A whole blog post on them would be fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your colors and bulletin boards! Question: Did you make all of the super large letters for your bulletin boards? If so, how? I am loving them! Thanks!
    p.s. I also am a GH fan! Enjoy getting caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your room looks awesome!! I would love to know how you made your money clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where did you get the blue and green tiles that look like a rug?

    ReplyDelete