November 22, 2013

Five for Friday {November 22}

fiveforfriday2_thumb3_thumb3_thumb

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.


Divider-1_thumb13_thumb8_thumb_thumb[1]

019

These little fun size bags of peanut butter m&m’s is what gets me through most afternoons.. I could eat a gallon size bag of these but I settle for the little baby bags.


Divider-2_thumb4_thumb7_thumb_thumb3[2]

 

024028

Teamwork= Success

I usually do a lot of floor puzzles but for some reason we haven’t done any this year. This was the first one I pulled out and they have worked it 2-3 times this week.


Divider-3_thumb4_thumb7_thumb_thumb3[1]

032035

We had a lady from a local science museum do a reptile presentation with our kids this week. She has been several times and does a great job.. all kids love snakes and baby alligators.. teachers not so much!


Divider-4_thumb5_thumb7_thumb_thumb3[1]

 

013

If I ever need last minute center.. I always pull out blank index card and write words to unscramble to make a sentence. Quick and easy! After they make the sentences I give clues and they have to find the words. For example:

Find a color word. Find a short u word, Find a word that is in the “ox family”. Find three nouns. I also give these away when we are done to a student. They think they won the lottery if they get to keep and take the cards home.


Divider-5_thumb5_thumb7_thumb_thumb3[2]

THANKSGIVING BREAK IS HERE!!

And, it is so hard to believe that when we go back it will be December 2nd. Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s time to start planning some Christmas fun!

 

Have a great week. Link up below!

 

<

13 comments:

  1. I could probably eat a 5 lb. bag of M & M's in one sitting. My teeth would probably disagree with me, but that's okay. Happy Thanksgiving & Break!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I "linked up" for the first time today from my three-week old blog! Thanks so much for being collaborative and congenial!
    www.storiesandsongsinsecond.blogspot.com

    Gratefully,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peanut butter m&ms! It looks like I need to add some mini bags to my snack basket. Thank you for hosting such a fun linky!

    Marcy
    Searching for Teacher Balance

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea for scrambled sentences! Thanks!!
    Emily
    The First Grade Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to give the mixed up sentences to a student! I always say I'm going to keep them for next year but that never happens. I'm definitely going to start sending that kind of stuff home with a lucky winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scrambled sentences and all the mileage you can get out of them with the additional questions about nouns, vowels, etc. Brilliant, simple idea! I'm new to blog-land, but things like this are exactly why it is so addictive!KinderCoaster

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE PB M&M's!!! :) I could eat a huge bag myself....my favorite! :)

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I joined the linky, but had trouble linking your button to your blog. I was able to link with text but just couldn't get the image to link. I even asked a blog-friend how, but to no avail. Any tips?KinderCoaster

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love peanut butter m&ms!

    - Pam @ Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, I gotta have some chocolate after school, as that last bus drives away! I love the scrambled sentences idea! it's so easy, yet so important a skill, thank you! Paula @ educating children with disabilities

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kacey!
    Thanks for hosting. I had to laugh reading about chocolate and then seeing that HUGE snake. We teachers never have a dull moment do we?

    Shelley
    The Perks of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love peanut butter m&ms!! Also love Snickers with almonds- yum!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Katie :)

    KTP: Keep Teaching and Planning!

    ReplyDelete