January 29, 2012

100th day of fun!

 

100days

Thursday was our 100th day of school.. but SURPRISE.. I got a phone call Wednesday night that there was no water at the school due to a broken water line.. so no school on Thursday!

So, change of plans.. Friday will be the 100th day of school.

002

The door was decorated and ready for my first graders.

010

Their desk were ready.. balloons and confetti. And a brand new 100th day of school pencil.

007

A little breakfast.. white powdered donuts and chocolate milk.

014

It’s official.. we made it to the 100th day!

016

We guessed or estimated if these containers had 100 items. Yes or No?

017

Then we had to count each container and find out..

019

Then we cut out 100 stars to go on the hall bulletin board.

032

Here is the finished product…

035

I have no clue why this picture is crooked..

 

My students had to bring in a 100 item project.. so we shared those..

036

We read a few 100th day books.

040

We made two lists charts..

041

We played a 100th day dime game.. that was a BIG HIT! I have it in my Teachers Pay Teachers store..

Take a look-

015

I had a prize that cost $1.00. They had to “earn” 10 dimes to buy the prize. We played in teams. So, whichever team earned $1.00 first got the prize.

This was my prize..

014

Nothing fancy.. and it all came out of my desk drawer. Left over candy, erasers, pencil toppers, bouncy balls, and silly bands.

(There were 3 cups inside the bag because the teams had 3 players.)

013

The purpose of the game was to put 3 numbers in order to make the largest 3 digit number they could.

But, watch out.. there was special cards that said “Give a dime back.” or “You get an extra dime.” .. etc.. Put a little twist on the game that was fun!

038

100th Day Dime Game

 

Then we ended the day with 100th day cupcakes and juice!

043

Whew.. and I slept like a baby Friday night!

23 comments:

  1. I am joining your roster...You may need to get me a slightly bigger desk. :) LOVE IT!!!! I would totally want to come to school if you were my teacher! Do you really only have 11 kids? or actually 10 plus you? I saw a Reagan too! Well a Regan... :) I am off to find some donuts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 100th day is Tuesday, so I am in fast mode right now of getting all of the fun ready. Cute ideas...thanks for sharing!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our 100th day is Feb. 17. Thanks for sharing such awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really helpful, being my first yr in first in all. Thanks for sharing.

    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Ideas....thanks for sharing....our 100 day is next week! :)

    Sue
    theverybusykindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! It looks like you all had a blast! My favorite is the bulletin board!
    Our 100th day is Wednesday! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just pinned half your post- your stuff is always so visually beautiful!! I will definitely be copying the balloons and star bulletin board, I love it, thank you!
    I don't want to drive you crazy, but would it be possible to share the printable for your cupcake topper? I would love to use it!
    auburny@gmail.com
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, y'all were busy! Looks like you had a great time! I'm going to have to try these activities next year!

    Peace, Love and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day! We will be celebrating ours on Friday. Thanks for sharing all your pictures.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!! I want to do my 100th day all over! What a fabulous day for your kiddos!!!! Mine was the most scaled down version EVER due to all of the Curriculum Cops. It was kind of sad but my kids said it was the BEST DAY EVER so I guess they don't really know what they're missing. I'm certainly not going to let them see your blog! :)
    Checking out your dime game!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun!

    Tag! You're it! Visit my blog for details.

    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it looks like you guys had a blast! You have definitely given me a gazillion ideas for next year! And I love the old school desks!

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of fun. Our 100th day was last Friday. Great fun going on all over.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day. Our 100th is this Friday and the kiddies can't wait to come to school dressed up like they are 100
    years old. It's a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am your newest follower! BTW you have been tagged!:) Stop by my blog to check it out.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. WONDERFUL ideas! Our 100th day is Friday - I wonder if I'll be able to pull myself together in time to use some of your fun activities with my kiddos!

    I've tagged you over at my blog, too - I'd love it if you came to check it out! :)

    Happy Monday!
    katherine
    Third Grade Teacher Files

    ReplyDelete
  17. terrific ideas! - Our 100th day is tomorrow EEEKKK!!!

    Such a fun day!

    ~jeannie~

    www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos were a great inspiration for organizing my 100s day. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would also love a copy of the cupcake topper as well as to know where you got the great coin posters under your whiteboard! deannastubbs(at)yahoo.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you print the stars from? love them

    hdavis827@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where did you print the stars from? love them

    hdavis827@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete