August 7, 2016

Back to School Bulletin Boards {Ideas, Tips and Links}


I love a cute and colorful back to school bulletin board. And, most often my boards have a similar look year after year. I wanted to take a few minutes to share some of them and tell you about them.

I'll start with this years boards. This first grade board is inside my classroom and usually holds students work or artwork. But, for the first couple of days of school it has the words FIRST GRADE at the top. I use a variation of these letters almost every year.

And, all my bulletin boards have black paper with zebra boarder. 
It seriously goes with EVERYTHING!


Breakdown...
The zebra border is from Carson Dellosa.
The pom-poms are mostly from the Dollar Tree.
The felt circle garland is handmade but I see these often on Etsy. There are also tons of tutorials on the web if you can sew. It's nothing but felt and thread.
The letters are printed 1 letter per page. {The largest you can make them} I printed these on scrapbooking paper. Then I cut around them. The name of that font is KG Summer Storm.



The board above is my hall bulletin board that is right beside our door. The last few years I have put something at the top that I could keep up all year and just change out the bottom. This year it has a really cute felt banner/bunting. and material strips tied in the corners.

The first grade bunting is from an etsy seller called A Felt Affair.
 It was a special order based off her Happy Birthday banner.
The little bitty clips at the top are from the Target Dollar Spot.
The material on each corner is all from Walmart, It's the little square packs you can buy in the fabric. They are called fat quarters. The names are printed using KG Drops of Jupiter font. The cloud shapes are from The Enlighted Elephant.


I made this rag wreath from a wreath frame and the same fat quarters fabric from Walmart. The black chalkboard shape is also from Walmart in the craft section. I was going to write on it with a chalk pen and then I found these perfect alphabet stickers in their scrapbooking section. 


Here is what they look like together.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Here is also a look back at some of my past year boards.








3 comments:

  1. Love your classroom decor. I am in a bit of a funk this year because new safety rules state that nothing is allowed on the door ,only 20% of wall surface can be covered, and decor may only be put on bulletin boards 😢 As well, nothing is allowed to be hung from the ceiling! I started teaching in 1980 and classroom decor
    has always been a passion of mine. No child has ever died because my door was decorated! I have a large,lovely kindergarten room and I intend to keep it looking like a place where children will love to be 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. These boards are so adorable and simple at the same time. Love them!!

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. What type of paper do you use and how long & wide are strips as well as how many in a bundle for previous years board 3rd from top. Thank you
    Craftycde

    ReplyDelete