July 17, 2015

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. July 17th}

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Divider 1

christmasinjuly2

months1

Today is the last day of the Christmas in July Sale. My product on sale for today is one of my VERY, VERY, VERY favs that I use all year! It is my Months of the Year Unit. I use the printables the first day or two of each month but there are also centers and pocket chart cards included that I squeeze in randomly through out the year.

You can grab this unit on sale today {Friday, July 17th}

IMG_7435IMG_8440

Quick Shopping Link: Months of the Year Unit

Divider 2

booksforbatesville

On July 10, the Kindergarten classrooms at Batesville Elementary in Batesville, Mississippi, were completely destroyed by fire. Several MS bloggers are joining together for a book drive.

batesvillefire

Please help us replenish their children’s book collection.

What You Can Do

  • Follow the directions on the Google Spread Sheet below.
  • Choose a book or books to donate
  • Place an order. Most are found on Amazon.
  • Have the books shipped here:
    Lydia Aderholt
    211 Jones Street
    Batesville Mississippi 38606

Here is a link to the google docs…
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pCmnCSaMdY-7p0RFHVM3a1GYnonijcfqkip_Tqa4XW8/edit?usp=sharing

We started this book drive earlier this week and are overwhelmed with the response! We still need books and hope you will sign up for a few. We are trying to fill the spots on the spreadsheet that are empty but feel free to add your own if you want to purchase something that is not listed.

 

Divider 3

BHSH0

Don’t forget about the Blog Hoppin Scavenger Hunt and your change to win an ipad, case and gift certificate to itunes. Everyone could use it, right?!?

BH3

If you want to know more or to download the rules and list of items to find click HERE!

Everything is happening over on Instagram and you can search hashtag #bloghoppin2015 to see all the pictures from everyone playing along!

Divider 4

Slide2

Do you need ANOTHER social media time trap?! Yea, me either. But, I fell victim. The whole teacher blogging community has gone a little crazy over Periscope. Lynda made a great blog post on Blog Hoppin explaining what Periscope is and how it works!

IMG_9628

So, if you are interested  - download the app and sign up! Follow me at @DoodleBugsTeach

Divider 5

IMG_9623    IMG_9624IMG_9625  IMG_9627

I went into my classroom for about 2 hours.. yikes! I KNOW it will get done and everything will be fine but there is SO MUCH TO DO! I left with a bigger mess than when I started. Three weeks until we go back.. When do you start?

19 comments:

  1. I am loving Periscope!! So addictive - haven't really got the courage to begin 'periscoping' myself though lol.

    Will be following you and looking forward to what you post! :)
    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Periscope!! I have done one live chat and it wasn't to bad ha!!We go back to school August 3rd and I am beginning to stress a little bit myself!I am sorry to hear about the kindergarten classroom fire! I hope they are able to rebuild quickly!
    Jill
    Chevronandcenters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered Periscope just yesterday. Still checking it out. As to going back, Michigan schools are not allowed to start before Labor Day. Kids don't come back until September 8, though teacher PD starts the week before. We go late into June though. Better enjoy my "extra" week of summer this year! Thanks for linky. See you next week. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Periscope is great! Although, the alert scared me when it went off the first time :-) I'm not sure I'll ever broadcast, but I do like the broadcasts I've seen.

    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudos to you for joining in the Periscope fun! I can't imagine adding another social network to the plate! And thanks for sharing about the book drive. I'm such a book fanatic I can only imagine how those teachers feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! I haven't went back in my classroom yet but I know it is coming! I go back the first week of August, YIKES! Oh well, it will get done! It always does! :) Thanks for the link up! Moore to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  7. We go back on August 3rd. Students begin on August 6th. I can't believe how fast a summer can go by. Sure enjoyed my break though.
    Where the Wild Things Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are back in 3 weeks also, and I'm leaving for a visit down south! So I WILL NOT be preparing ahead of time, eek! But as Pete the Cat says "It's all good". I really really like your months of the year package, a great resource! thank you for all you do, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kacey! Thanks for the linky! All these classroom pictures are sending me into panic mode. Ha! I still have a month, but so much to do... I've been putting off things all summer and now it is time to get busy!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the book drive info! I would hate to think of prek-1 students starting school without some great books. Happy to donate.
    aconnolly1216@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your product looks great - love it! Thanks for another great Five for Friday! So sorry to hear about the fire!

    Teaching Autism

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have avoided going into my classroom yet because it looks just like your pictures and I am SO not ready to face that yet! lol I love periscope! I will have to follow you! Thanks for another fun linky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, the infamous return to the classroom! Although I dread walking into what I know will be chaos in a short amount of time, it always feels so wonderful to get everything cleaned out! Thankful for the summer - otherwise I don't know when it would ever happen! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love you just a little more for being an angel to all those teachers that were burned out! I will get books heading your way next week! And your Periscope comment cracks me up! I too have been sucked in! On my do list to figure out so this video will really help! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh! I feel like I have so much to do in my classroom as well! Yikes! We go back on August 3 and the kids come a week later!

    Fervent First Grade Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't look at Periscope. Can't. My room looks a lot like yours. I am not sure exactly which day we go back. The end of August. I've been into my room for a few hours but have lots more to tackle.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for hosting this linky every week! I love participating! I wish I could get into my classroom and get started but our building is locked until August 3rd! Ugh!!! I'll have to check Periscope out soon!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for hosting this linky party. I am your newest linker! :) I also joined Periscope this week. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I've watched a few videos so far.


    -Amy
    theyoungandtheeducated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for hosting another week. The thought of Periscope is a little overwhelming. I might check it out at some point, but right now I just can't do another social media site. I'm impressed that you've gotten started with it though.

    ReplyDelete