February 13, 2015

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. February 13th}

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Happy Valentine’s Week! I wish I had some exciting things to share with y’all this week but it has been a pretty normal, routine week in the classroom but a super busy week for me outside of school. So, here is just a quick glimpse of my not-so-exciting week.

Divider 1

IMG_8463    IMG_8469

We did these Valentine Centers this week. On the left, students had to circle if the word on the card was a month or a year. On the right, students had to read the card and answer the comprehension question.

IMG_8464

Students had to read and pick the correct word to go in the blank- the words had inflectional endings

All three of these are in my Love to Learn Valentine’s Pack

Divider 2IMG_8470IMG_8471

Sickness and 4H competitions had 7 of my kids out one day this week. So, we took it easy that afternoon and made these heart caterpillars. I just put a basket of hearts and other supplies they needed in the middle of the floor and they did these by themselves. Super simple but they had fun!

 

Divider 3IMG_8474

This is seriously one of my FAVORITE products I have made. It is a couple of years old but I pull it out several times a year and we a lot. I used it as an early finisher activity during center time this week.

Word Sort Activity

 

Divider 4

IMG_8482

And, I don’t know HOW we have managed to skip a whole week without using pocket charts but we did not use them at all last week. So, this week they had to be squeezed in with some math counting cards. I also used these as an early finisher activity too.

These are in my Valentine’s Centers Unit.

Divider 5IMG_8489

IMG_8491

Our class Valentine party is this afternoon. I swore whatever I was going to do was going to be simple. I saw lots of cute ideas on Pinterest and other places but I picked these heart shaped ring pops up 6/$1.00 and printed some simple cards and I just stapled them to each card.

My students will bring so much for each other that I knew they did not need much. And, I literally went to the store, printed the cards and put them together in about 20 minutes.

 

Have a great weekend! Happy Valentine’s Day too!!

9 comments:

  1. I love all the craft pictures you post... they make the classroom so bright and cheery!😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the word sort cards and ALL of your Valentine activities. These are great! I am sure that your kids had a time this week. Thanks for the link up!
    Kimberly
    Loving Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have your photography skills, please?! I love your valentines...sometimes simple is best!

    Halle
    Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all your fun centers! Those caterpillars are adorable!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your regular week makes my special ones seem boring!! What great learning went on in your place this week. I love it ALL!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like y'all had a lot of Valentine's fun this week! Love your early finisher activity =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your easy Valentines! Will have to pin this to remember for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your classroom valentines. They arecute and easy!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the caterpillars! They came out so cute!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete