- Getting up an hour before my alarm went off gave me time to do some chores I normally would have to do after school.
- My phone said it felt 19 degrees outside. Thankful my husband offered to go outside and crank my truck and turn the heat on.
- Being able to wear jeans and a school hoodie to work.
- Not having anything sweet all day but being too busy to remember that I had not had anything sweet all day.
- Surprise! You have a new student BUT she is sweet. And, it gets me back to an even number. The few weeks I had 13 kids drove me crazy! I am way more content with 14. And how perfect that I have 7 boys and 7 girls.
- Only having 14 students.
- When I gave up a whole day of my Christmas break to plan and prep lessons it was worth it today to be organized and well prepared for the whole week.
- Nobody spilled anything in the cafeteria today.
- My mom made and brought me homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch.
- Working five miles from home means I could run home during my planning period and print a few things that were on my home computer.
- Prepped tonight’s dinner yesterday so it is in the fridge just waiting to be cooked later.
- None of my kids are coughing, sneezing or have runny noses.
- None of my kids had lice during head checks this morning.
- Coming straight home from school, changing clothes, and getting cozy with a book.
I survived and I hope your first day back from Winter/Christmas break was a good day too!
Monday is almost over and Tuesday is on the way!