November 7, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party… November 7}

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Divider 1

turkeypatternsIMG_7692    IMG_7695

We worked on these turkeys on and off all week. They turned out cute and are hanging all over our room. Some are in the hall and the others are displayed around the room in various places.

IMG_7700

You can download the patterns for free HERE!


Divider 2Slide1

I finished up and listed a set of Thanskgiving Cut and Paste printables. I enjoyed the Halloween set I made so much that I knew we needed a corresponding set of Thanksgiving set to do for morning work.

IMG_7674


Divider 3

IMG_7702

Sometimes you just have to take a little break and have some fun. We played this Bug Building blocks game this week in small group. It is basically the same concept as Jenga but with these cute little bug blocks.

{Which make a TON of noise when they fall on the table…yikes!

IMG_7704

You can order this from Amazon – Bug Building Game


Divider 4
IMG_7723    IMG_7724

We have been working like crazy on counting coins/money- a quick and no prep activity we have done a few days this week was sorting a bucket of coins on our easel. I just give a few students a handful and tell them to sort them. Then we count the money in each box.

Divider 5

Slide2

An elementary school in Post, Texas had a fire and two grade levels lost everything. I have teamed up with other bloggers to raise money for this school.

Blog Post: for more details

Teachers Pay Teachers Store: purchase bundles to help raise money

All money will go directly the teachers that lost everything in the fire.


Enjoy your weekend!

Link up your Five for Friday post below.

10 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I can not link up through the inklikz. I tried last week too. Maybe because it is so busy? It says my picture is too big or something else...Anyone else having the same problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the cutie turkey! We will be doing it next week!!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade

    Mrs. Wheeler's TPT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kacey!
    I love the bug Jenga, would be perfect for spring. So much more bright and colourful than the usual jenga!
    Thanks again for hosting this awesome linky.
    Sheri
    Early Years with Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Turkeys so much!!! I am thinking of doing a lesson plan that is a tribute to Thanksgiving, maybe this would be it. Thanks for the wonderful link up.

    Jasmine H.
    The Dots of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your turkeys are so cute. Thanks for the template! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the turkeys! Thanks so much for the patterns and hosting this great linky every week!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable turkey patterns. You made it seem so easy to do. Wow! Anyway, thanks for sharing those links. They're very creative and educational. I would've remained oblivious of those teachers' blogs if it weren't for your linky party, Kacey. I especially love the blog about Laughter and Consistency! Hahaha! All the best to you! :)

    Donnie Peters @ Wthree Group

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I was trying to link up too, but I am new to this whole deal. I enjoyed seeing all of the turkey projects too! I wanted to share our projects using the free ipad App Thanksgiving Dinner Maker. It's on my Tpt store now. I will try to figure out this whole link there and share next time!

    www.erintegration.com

    ReplyDelete