August 15, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. August 15th}

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

 

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.

Divider 1

IMG_6715 

My new batch of first graders came bouncing through the door on Monday. Whew.. it has been a hard week. You forget just how hard it is to “train” a new class and how much time is spent on procedures and routines.  I hope they quickly forget how bad these first days of rules, rules, rules are and will remember the fun we have the rest of the year. The new group is chatty and a few are having a hard time adjusting. But, the positive side is they are REALLY cute, and smart and have fun little personalities. I am REALLY looking forward to getting set into a routine and settling in with this class. This first week has FLOWN by! But I am ready for the weekend!

Shirt from: http://teachertshirts.spreadshirt.com/my-1st-graders-A10369853/customize/color/1

Divider 2

IMG_6704

Here is my door and hall bulletin board for this year.

The colors are from Graphics From the Pond.

IMG_6706IMG_6709

Divider 3IMG_6700

This is a bulletin board that is inside my room. I usually use this for art projects or student work- but I always decorate it for the beginning of school. I made the apple from wrapping paper from Hobby Lobby.

Divider 4

IMG_6765          IMG_6784

Monday morning one of my new student’s grandmother stopped by with this HUGE donation to our class. Can you believe this? She was so generous to me and the kids. Look at all these goodies! She is a retired school teacher so she understands our needs! Love love love!

IMG_6786

Divider 5

Week Overview

Next week is Blog Hoppin’s Teacher Week. You can read all about it and grab buttons HERE {or click the button above!}


Link your Five for Friday below. Remember to grab the button and link back to this post! ♥

25 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all the great stuff you got. You deserve it though--all teachers do. Thanks for having a great linky party each week! Your class looks great!
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations look so cute and colorful! I hope you have a great first day on Monday!

    ~Jaime The First Grade Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing grandmother - so kind of her! I love the pom poms on that display board - looks great!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single one of your five for Friday items was awesome! I love your tee shirt - one of my colleagues wore a happy last day of school shirt in June and I went to that site and I want one of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy this linky every week! That was so kind of the grandmother to donate all of those supplies. It's nice when a parent/grandparent understands a little more of the teacher side of things.

    Your boards look amazing! Have a great weekend!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee, what a thoughtful grandparent. People can be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing back to school gift!! How generous!! Isn't it amazing when people do things like that! I love your bulletin boards too!!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your shirt, love your bulletin boards, and LOVE the gift you got. What a wonderful first week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That donation basket is amazing!!! I'm SO jealous! I just love generous parents/grandparents. One year I sent hone a note asking if parents would sent jackets/snowpants that had been outgrown to school for some students in need and I had a grandmother come in and buy brand new snowsuits for a family of 4. So sweet.

    Laura
    Adventures in Multi-grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your door and board look great! Some tricky names! And what a great donation! :-)

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is looking so good!! I can't believe that huge donation you got. How awesome that is and the things inside are perfect! I just love when surprises like that happen. People don't realize how much that helps and how appreciative we are when that happens. Happy weekend.
    Ana
    Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your class looks amazing!! Love the colours! That was a generous donation - retired teachers know :) Thanks for hosting the linky. Off to cut out your BTS Clip Card centers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Um, did I understand what I saw to mean you only have TWELVE first graders?!?! Totally unfair! Enjoy that sweet, tiny little class this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must say, I am very jealous of that class size! I've got 24 firsties this year and quite the talkative group as well, so I feel you on that one! Let's hope it dies down soon :)

    Paige
    Paiges of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was so generous! Wow. Your door looks great.
    Jan Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  16. You bulletin boards always look so good! I love the crayons on your door. So cute!

    And what a generous gift from your student's grandma! I hope that is a hint of what an amazing year you are going to have!! :)

    Amanda
    First Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your door and board! What a sweet gift! Have a great weekend!

    Blessings,
    Sarah
    smbhankinson@gmail.com
    Learning is for Superstars
    follow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your bulletin boards look fantastic! What a generous donation! Have a wonderful year!
    - Kelly :)
    Mrs. Campbell's Kids

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your awesome donation! How thoughtful :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your shirt, super cute! You must have been so happy when you saw that gift basket. What a generous gift!

    Suzanna
    Surpsisingly Seventh

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am little behind on my blogs so I am just seeing your blog make over. Super cute!! Love your door and bulletin board. I wish we could do that. We only have doors that face outside, and mine directly faces the sun/weather :( Wow, what a generous gift. You are so lucky! Thanks for hosting this wonderful link up!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! What a very generous gift from the Grandmother. So thoughtful! Enjoy this week!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your room looks fabulous! I just ordered my shirt:) Thanks for the link.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  24. The food here is ridiculously good. Our guests couldn't stop talking about it! (Crab cakes, sliders, braised beef that melts in your mouth, what more can I say?)
    live music bar nyc

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kacey, I'm not sure how I missed this post but I just found it on Pinterest. Thanks for sharing your t-shirt - it looks great on you!
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete