May 16, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. May 16th}

 
Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.
 
 
 
IMG_5491
 
 
Obviously.. the biggest news of the week is SUMMER VACATION has started! Yippie!
 
 
IMG_5496
 
We have had a really busy week! We managed to schedule a very low key field trip to a local wet lands that is preserving some of the largest cypress trees still standing in the USA. The weather was perfect and it was a great morning outing.
 
 
Slide1
 
One of the biggest events of the week was spending Monday morning with my next year’s class. 6 boys and 6 girls are heading my way in August. Oh…. the thought of training another group gives my stomach knots. Luckily.. summer break will cushion those feelings!
 
Slide2
Another big event this week was our Awards Day Program. This little cutie was awarded a few academic awards for first grade.
 
 
icecream
 
And in between all the extra events.. we finished out last set of math centers this week. They were a big hit and were a great end of the year math review for my first graders.
 
IMG_5333
 
IMG_5404
 
These are listed in my store.
 
Enjoy your weekend! Link up below and share your “Five for Friday”!
 

14 comments:

  1. Yay for summer break! Enjoy! 7 days left for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're finished? Here in Australia, I'm less than half way through!
    Enjoy your break :)

    Rainbow Lily
    Rainbow Lily Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your summer break! It's well deserved. I've got 14 more alarm clocks to go-- WOOT! WOOT!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Zero days left! Enjoy your sleep in tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer break?? I'm so jealous! We have more than half of our school year left. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love the little girl in the photo that has band-aids all over her legs! Too cute! Thanks for hosting this weekly event! It's my favorite!

    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's pretty neat that you got to spend some time with your next year's class! And ONLY 12 students?! You lucky girl!! I can't imagine what I'd get done with 12 kids instead of 20+! You are blessed for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are already on summer vacation?! Wow, we still have 28 days to go! Enjoy the sun & fun and thanks for hosting this link-up!

    Love to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your summer holidays! Well deserved I'm sure! We have ages left to go!

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you! I'm jealous. We have 12 days left.
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your vacation! We have two weeks left, but I am enjoying my last days with the students I have spent two years with. I am going to miss them! I love that you get to meet your new class in advance - we don't get our class lists until two or three days before school starts. And I am very jealous you only have 12!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe you are on summer break.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Summer break! We have 26 days left where I am!

    Are your classes usually very small? I saw you only have 12 kiddos that you met for next year. That is so terrific!

    Also, you just published your ice cream centers? Only 3 days ago I put up my Swimming into Summer Math Pack and had some ice cream math in there. I was trying to keep with a summer theme, and who doesn't love ice cream in summer (I have been having it way too often!). Anyway, mine is only one short activity in a big pack. Yours looks way better! Cute and fun! Thanks for hosting this great linky!
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being on summer break! Mine starts on Friday :) Totally jealous of your very small class size for next year! What a wonderful number! :)

    Alisha
    Missing Tooth Grins

    ReplyDelete