April 25, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. April 25th}


Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.






I had a great Easter weekend and truly enjoyed a little extra down time. The "big kids" in our family also get Easter baskets.. and we enjoy buying and stuffing each other's baskets each year. And, the only plus to having me in the family is you get free stationery in your Easter basket! At least.. MOST of the time you get the new designs! These lined flat notes & personalized notebook were for my sister. The design is coming soon to the Doodle Bugs Paper website!



Speaking of my stationery business... I dropped into a local gift store this week and saw this display of my Doodle Bugs Paper items. 



Let's move on to a little school happenings... 

This week has been all about The Tortoise and the Hare. I love this story and we read three different versions this week. We had a good time predicting and then comparing how they were alike and different.





We are patiently waiting on 4 butterflies.. we still have one caterpillar who is not showing any signs of making a chrysalis and is still crawling around in the bottom of the caterpillar cup. {caterpillar, runt?? maybe!!}I rigged up some tissue at the top of the cup since I took the paper disc out to put in the butterfly garden with the others. I have NO idea if he is EVER going to go to the top and start trying to make chrysalis.. I told my kids today that we might have to let him go outside!! I really hope we don't have butterflies over the weekend!  






I sorta do our math notebooks in shifts. Some weeks we don't touch them at all and other weeks we use them daily. This week we have used them each afternoon.. and they are a great review and effective time filler. I am working on a math notebook unit. .. but I know it will not be finished until this summer. I am looking forward to having the resource myself next year.

Enjoy your weekend.. I am excited to have a whole weekend with no plans. This hasn't happened in weeks! I hope to get a few projects finished and maybe nap a little. Time is winding down. We have 2 1/2 weeks of school left! {What?!?} And, they are jammed packed with end of the year happenings!  Let the craziness BEGIN!

I would love for you to link up below!

11 comments:

  1. I really like the true or false equations and the color greater/less than pages in your math notebooks. I think the notebooks will be great for parents to look through when they go home at the end of the year :-)
    KaSandra
    MemoriesMadeinFirst

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO cool you saw your stationery in a local shop! Yay! Have a fabulous weekend!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your math notebooks! You have my mind spinning with ways to adapt this for my 4th graders. Thank you for the linky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 and 1/2 weeks?! I'm super jealous! ;)

    P.S. I'm loving those math notebooks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me echo your other commenters...I love your math journals! Such simple activities that provide a lot of great review. I totally understand doing them for a while and then stopping for a while. It's nice to switch things up. Anyway, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love linking up with this linky, it's so fun to read the top 5 highlights from everyone's week!
    :) Dana
    Common to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the small size of your Math notebooks--you've got my creative wheels spinning! I also love that the grown-ups in your family get Easter baskets! What fun!

    When I taught first grade, we used to raise Monarch butterflies in the fall. What a wonderful real-life Science lesson for your students!

    As always, thanks for the opportunity to link up!

    ~Jennifer
    http://www.storiesandsongsinsecond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You only have 2 1/2 weeks left? Wow! I love the display of your stationery. It looks fantastic :)
    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just got our Painted Lady Butterflies too! We had one not make it and 4 chrysalises (is that a word?)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I received some caterpillars this week, it is my first time, usually the regular classrooms get them, but they accidentally got an extra cup!I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works okay! I always like your math activities, thank you for the ideas. Paula @ educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm obsessed with the notepad you created for your sister! It's gorgeous! Thanks again for hosting a great link party! :)
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete