January 31, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. January 31st}

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.





I feel like my life is revolving around the weather these days. We are about the only people in the USA that did not get snow this week.. but sheez.. it is COLD! I don't do 10 (or feels like 2) degrees. I don't have clothes for this kind of temps. I really hope that groundhog brings good news on Sunday.





 Are you ready for February. The month of love.. Bring on the hearts and red and pink! You can grab these free February calendar cards here.



I finished my newest set of math review sheets this week and listed them in my store. 
It includes 44 sheets .. with a valentine theme. 


They are perfect for review, extra practice, morning work, early finisher work, homework or quick assessments.




These animal books are one of my hidden gems.. I swear every kid enjoys sitting down and looking at them. They will be the quietest kid in school with one of these books in their hands. We also use these for writing at different times through the year. Here is the amazon link .. but I have bought most of mine at Ross or TJ Maxx.



I have been working like crazy this week to finish a new set of Valentine centers. I really want to have these ready to use next week. I should have them finished this weekend.



 And, it is has helped to have American Idol on my dvr while I work. Last year AI was not my favorite. In fact, I stopped watching quick into the season. The judges were not my favorite. This year.. they have nailed it. I super love Harry! These 3 are great together!


Have a great weekend! 
Link up below.


13 comments:

  1. I love those calendar cards - super cute. And as for the weather, you poor thing. It is super hot here so I am wearing singlet tops and eating iceblocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling your pain when it comes to the weather. I was not built for cold weather. I guess I need to check out American Idol again. I've had a lot of friends commenting on the changes and how much better it has been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brr!! I sure hope that the groundhog tells us an early spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that we are all posting about the weather! It has really been crazy recently!

    -Sarah
    A Rocky Top Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! This was my first time participating! I'm off to grab those lovely calendar cards!

    :) Ash
    The Rolly Chair

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I love, love, LOVE those calendar cards. Too cute! I also love those animal books you shared. I bought a book from that series for my friend's son's 1st birthday. :)

    -Colleen http://achocolatedudley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you about American Idol. I rarely miss an episode, but last season was awful. I LOVE the new judges. Harry Connick, Jr. Is so funny!

    Thanks for the linky!

    Carol

    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like my post didn't work... having a fit with the internet, blogger or maybe its me! I'll keep trying to fix it... Sorry!
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the cute freebie and for hosting the linky again! I'm in Chicago and am used to the cold weather, but -13 degrees is kind of ridiculous!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. I 100% agree with you about the judges on American Idol...I didn't watch after the first episode last year because they were just so annoying! I am LOVING this set, and Harry Connick Jr. is without a doubt my favorite! He's such a goober, and I love it!

    Sarah Beth
    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Valentine's stuff is adorable! We have had a heat spell here for the past month or so (temps in the 50's), but we FINALLY got snow today. We have had a bad drought year so we need it, although I am not going to lie, I have enjoyed not having the cold weather! Thank you for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. here's a little secret no one thinks or cares about, we didn't get any snow in Alaska (the mat-su Valley) either! Our temps have been WARM, but today is below freezing so it is looking up! thank you for this opportunity to connect to other bloggers with the same interests! I often wonder how you have time to be a teacher, a stationary diva AND a blogger! you are awesome! Paula @ educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete