January 10, 2014

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. January 10th}


Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.




My Christmas Break came to a screeching end Sunday night when reality hit that I had to go back to work. Even after spending a couple hours in my classroom and a couple more hours at home working.. I still had a last minute to do list to tackle before the kids came in Monday morning. 



We have been working on the Months the Year this week. One of my centers this week was to cut and glue the letters in order to spell January. 





We have also been using my Months of the Year unit like crazy!




We've always been working our way through my new Penguin Centers
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these!







We made these snowmen this week. I gave them three circle patterns and scraps of construction paper. I did make a sample before we started to show them a few "tricks" but they did a great job making their own.

So now that Christmas is over.. are we ready to move on to Valentine's Day? My stationery business is keeping me busy printing treat bag stickers, labels and note cards. These bubble gum stickers are one of my favorite.


15 comments:

  1. Love your snowman project! They turned out so cute!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your days of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your snowman project! Looks like your months of the year unit is being put to good use! I'm so glad that my 4th graders already know them!

    Rissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your activities! They are precious. I usually only teach the intermediate grades and don't get to do fun projects like this. I'm a little jealous.
    ~Angela
    Gig ‘Em Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to say hello!! I am new to the blogging world and I linked up today for 5 for Friday for the first time!!

    I absolutely love the snowmen your class created. So cute. Also, it is amazing how much there is on a teacher's to-do list at all times!!

    Megan
    The Real World First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your classroom items! I love your months of the year projects! Also, I look forward to this linky all week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those snowman are ADORABLE!! Your week looked like lots of fun!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how cute the snowman turned out!! Thanks for hosting this fun linky every week!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your posts, along with this linky, always end my week with a smile! Love your snowmen, your calendar words, and your enthusiasm! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my stars...I went to check out your stationery website and the Mississippi collection IMMEDIATELY caught my eye! I didn't know you were a Mississippi girl, too! I have been on the lookout for cute cards to send to my friends and former students in the UK and I adore yours! Do you still live in MS?

    Looking forward to being your newest customer!

    Sarah Beth
    Miss White's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO much to love in your post...I think the snowmen are my favorite, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting this linky party, its definitely one of my favourites even in the short time I've been blogging.

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your days of the week activities! On my wish list!
    Thanks for the linky party...I linked up for my first time! Def not my last :) ~Elyse
    Proud to be Primary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snowmen are my favorite symbol of winter!! But living in sunny California these past 30 years makes it a bit difficult to create wonderful art like yours.. Only one of my students has ever been to see real snow!! Ahhh, beautiful snowmen your students made. Thanks for hosting. I am so glad to join.

    Susan
    LopezLandLearners

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun and adorable are those snowmen?!? I Love them!!

    ReplyDelete