December 6, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. December 6th}


Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.



 


 We worked on these fun Santas a few days this week. They look cute in the hall and on our classroom door. 
 

In between all the Christmas fun this week we have been working hard.. long a/silent e has been one of our big phonics skills. We practiced writing words yesterday afternoon.





We put our class tree up on Monday and have started making ornaments. We made these paper ornaments on Monday and then we worked on these pipe cleaner fire-cracker looking ones on Thursday. Fun stuff!


We wrote a class letter to Santa {to be published in our local newspaper}. 


  • The temperature has dropped 40 degrees in 24 hours. It is C.O.L.D. I ♥ it!!
  • After almost 30 pictures taken.. we finally got a decent one to use for our class Christmas cards.
  • I think I have fallen into the pressure of doing a class "elf". It's ordered.. maybe it will arrive by Monday.
  • Christmas crafts, gingerbread man, Polar Express, elf projects, handmade ornaments.. my brain is on overload.
  • 8 1/2 days until Christmas Break..

Happy Weekend! 



15 comments:

  1. Your Santas are adorable! I am blown away that you do a class Christmas card. What a terrific idea. I'm doing good to send out my own personal Christmas cards! ha!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those santas! What a great idea to use a solid paper for the composing and then cut around it as a border.

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you've been SO busy this week! I love all of your Christmas stuff. Your tree looks adorable and I love that Santa letter!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want my children in your class. Are you not the coolest teacher ever? I LOVE the idea of a class Christmas card!!! I need to try that next year. I also love the Christmas tree and the class decorations!

    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys have been busy making a lot of fun activities. Thanks for sharing and hosting!!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Santas! Do you have a pattern for them? Is it in a pack that you have? Please let me know!

    Thanks!
    Megan
    www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com
    meganwheeler44@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your santas are super cute! I should have my kids make some ornaments to add to our Christmas tree!

    RIssa
    Keep Calm and Hoot On

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a mistake when adding my linky so my name shows instead if my blog name and I have no thumbnail :( are you able to delete my link so I can re-submit it? Thanks!

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those Santas are ADORABLE!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. you make me miss teaching elementary!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a fabulous week. Stay warm!

    Jennifer Smith-Sloane
    4mulaFun

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those Santas Kacey! They are so stinkin cute!

    Shelley
    The Perks of Teaching Primary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those Santas are adorable!!
    And the 30 takes on the card pic cracks me up! We always take a million and he swears I choose the first one we took!! I {might} do this on purpose!! Ha ha! Stay warm!
    Squirrels
    Go Nutty with Me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable! Wow! Enjoy that chilly weather!

    ReplyDelete