November 1, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. November 1}

 

fiveforfriday2_thumb3

Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool.Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.


Divider-1_thumb13_thumb8_thumb

030031

Costumes… oh my! Our students can wear their costumes to school on Halloween and they just stir up the giggles and silliness. Costumes get in the way when you are working, eating and painting {in art class} but we all survived! We had some really interesting looks by the end of the day when everyone had taken off bits and pieces of their costumes.

 


Divider-2_thumb4_thumb7_thumb

029

I am almost ashamed to show you my low-key gifts to my first graders. NO elaborate goodie bags or special treats. Most of the time I try and give a Halloween book.. but this year I definitely took the easy way out. But, they were a BIG hit so I am certain the kids did not care that they were not wrapped or had a cute tag attached.

 


Divider-3_thumb4_thumb7_thumb

047048

 

Our parents each sign up for one of our class parties and the moms that gave our Halloween party had a simple but fun time planned for our class. This little spider game came from Oriental Trading- and the kids had to throw rings around the spider’s legs. They really enjoyed it.

 


Divider-4_thumb5_thumb7_thumb

023

Spot is still sporting his purple and blue polkadot cast. But, we now have the addition of a plastic cone {lampshade} around his neck. Sorry.. I don’t have a picture! He is rather unhappy and ashamed to wear the cone! HA! But, he was chewing on his cast and sadly got the cone of shame.

cone of shame...

 


Divider-5_thumb5_thumb7_thumb

002

November is the time to be thankful.. and I am giving away two sets of personalized notecards.

Head over to my Doodle Bugs Paper facebook page to enter!

 

Enjoy your weekend!

 

 

10 comments:

  1. I loved your Halloween treats! Isn't it funny how we try so hard to be clever- and then the m&ms bet the best reaction all by themselves? :) I actually said, "OOOOH" out loud again when I saw that little cast. I hope your sweet kitty is doing better.
    Happy Friday!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. "get" not bet. Sorry. I'm sure you figured it out. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed seeing your Halloween pictures. I missed our class party being home sick with a nasty cough and had to enjoy ours via pics as well. Thank goodness for blogs and Facebook or I would've had no Halloween!

    Poor kitty! Poor fashionable kitty! Not only a cast but also a cone. My Daisy would not do well with either. She is normally a grumpy cat. I hate to think what she would do!

    Thanks for hosting this fun linky each week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about poor kitty, but I LOL'd at the "I love lamp!" Thanks for the (guilty) smile this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Spot! Love your I love Lamp picture!

    I usually try to give a Halloween book too... but it didn't happen for me this year either. Happy weekend.

    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Kitty!! They are so pitiful in the cone! Our kids dress up, too. The homemade costumes are my favorite!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your kitty's heart!! I hope he gets better! That spider games looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor Spot! I have two cats and there is no way they would be able to handle a cone, let alone with a cast! Hope he feels better soon!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Halloween gift for your kiddos. Mine only got pencils and I still heard things like "Best Halloween Ever" as they went out the door!

    - Pam @ Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  10. I gave my kids a pencil and an eraser and they thought it was the best :) Poor kitty!

    Aloha,
    Corinna (✿◠‿◠)
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete