May 3, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. May 3rd}

fiveforfriday

Happy! Happy! Happy!

It is Friday!

Link up your blog post below after you post your Five for Friday.

All you have to do is blog about five random things from this week.

 

016     005

It is May.. How?

And the 13 days of school pic was actually taken on Monday. We are down to 9 day now! WOW! I am certain it will fly by super fast!


 

015

Next Friday I get to meet my students for next year. I have been working on a summer practice pack for them to take home and do over the summer break.  I have it listed in my store if you would like to take a look.. just click on the cover below.

summerpracticecover


023

Yesterday we had our elementary art show.. and it is always so nice. It is wonderful to see our talented kids work on display. Our art teacher is amazing!

025

 


teachertalktuesday

I have been instagraming {is that a word?} this week. It all started when What the Teacher Wants and Apples and ABC’s threw out a little teacher instagram challenge.

clutterfree

Then Clutterfree Teacher threw out another…

So, I jumped on the instagram train. I actually have had a personal account for a few years but I never did anything with it and I sure never used #hashtags {I was so lost!} But, after a quick lesson from a friend and also when I realized I could have two accounts I was ready to go!

Follow me on Instagram.. Doodle Bugs Teaching


 

027

I am enjoying a personal day off from school today.. I got up early and have been working on some DBP orders and hopefully will have some time this afternoon to work on a few school projects. It is cold and raining and I just might take a little nap.. bring on SUMMER!


Link up below:

24 comments:

  1. The artwork from the artshow looks so great! We have ours later this month.
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my first time linking up! So fun!
    :-)

    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love student art shows! I think it does so much for their little spirits! :) Thanks for hosting the linky! I was excited about it all week! ;)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting!! The artwork looks so great! We had an art show at my previous school, and it always drew a big crowd. :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey


    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You get your class list in the Spring. We don't get ours till hours before meet the teacher in the fall

    ReplyDelete
  6. 13 more days!! So jealous!!! My last day is not until June 7th!! yikes! :)
    http://www.misstinsleysbees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The art work is amazing! I am jealous! We do not have art classes in our elementary. Thank you for hosting the linky!
    :)Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that is fabulous that you get to meet your kiddos for next year! I am working on making a summer packet for my kids to work on over the summer, but I have to give to my class now and hope they will return it to me in the fall. We usually don't get our class lists until July or August for the next year.

    Tara
    TeachingwithTWitte

    ReplyDelete
  9. 9 days, so jealous... we still have over 20....
    thanks for the link party, I love this!!!!

    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, had a personal day today! My hubby and I attended an awards ceremony for our oldest daughter...then I came home and took a little nap that turned into a long one and I wasted the afternoon! GRRRR. I could kick myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 9 days left?! When do you start? We are in school until June 20th in New York State.

    Sarah
    The Eager Teacher
    Miss Eager

    ReplyDelete
  12. 9 days left?!?! Lucky!!!! I am super jealous of that! We had our art show on Thursday too! Your pictures look great!
    Sara
    First Grade Funtastic

    ReplyDelete
  13. a nap!!!! So jealous! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 9 days?!?! Lucky! Love the art show - what a great way to celebrate their hard work!

    Sarah
    Learning is for Superstars
    Learning is for Superstars is on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for a fun party! I haven't allowed myself to count the days left...yet!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the linky party! It's been a great way for me to see some wonderful teachers :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Only 9 days left! You get out so early! Thanks for hosting!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  18. 9 days! Wow. I bet you can't wait. I still have 30. The art looks beautiful. I love seeing things that students work so hard on.

    Krystyn
    Ms Richards's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucky you on the 9 days!! I hope they go by fast and smooth for you! Thanks for the this great linky every week. It's so nice to unwind and look back on the week and close it out like this. I love seeing what other people have to show. :)
    Shibahn
    Mrs. Landry's Land of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! 9 days to go! That is awesome! I love your school art show... Fantastic idea. For one of my 5, I posted my first graders renditions of a Picasso favorite! Something about doing art that just soothes the soul!
    Have a great weekend!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your art show looks beautiful. I'm totally jealous that you have an art teacher!!
    ❤DragonfliesinFirst ❤

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the art show! Ours is in early June. I teach the art to primary at my school and can't even begin to tell you how lucky I feel. The kids are ALWAYS happy to be there! Thank you for hosting the linky party every week. It's really great to see what everyone else is doing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How do you get an extra instagram account? I want to make a Pinkadots account because all I take pictures of right now are my family. lol I love that you get to meet you NEW class before the end of school. I wish our district was that organized!
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete