May 24, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party .. May 24th}

fiveforfriday

Many of you are wrapping up your school year.. and many of you still have a few days or weeks left! But, I have wrapped up my first week of SUMMER VACATION! I have enjoyed every single minute of it.. and looking forward to the rest of my break!

Join the “Five for Friday” linky party by blogging your five random things from this week or today and add your blog link at the bottom of this post.

Here are my “five”…


oklahoma

A group of teachers across the country have joined up and are hosting a HUGE fundraiser for the Oklahoma tornado victims. 100% of the profit will go to the Oklahoma Red Cross. The fundraiser will probably be shut down sometimes today {Friday} so hurry if you would like to donate.

With a $25 donation you get over $250 worth of teacher downloads. Click the picture above to read more and donate. Last night, we were only a few dollars away from $15,000!! WOW!

Big thanks to Ashley for hosting and organizing this fundraiser!

 


022

The biggest blessing of having a summer break is having the opportunity to work on my Doodle Bugs Paper orders during normal hours and not before or after school or over the weekend. I have been working on orders every day and also have some new products & designs I want to add to the site.


024    025

I usually go work in my classroom on Wednesday mornings during the summer. My cleaning lady comes on Wednesday mornings and I try to get out of her way {before she puts me to work!!!}.

I did pop into my classroom this week and worked about an hour. I filled up one trash can with junk. Mostly kid stuff that I knew had to be thrown away but did not want to take the chance of doing while their little eyes were watching. You know… those piles, piles of love notes and pictures! And some work that I refused to grade the last week of school! I also went through some teacher resource books and got them back semi-organized.


ilovedoodlebugs1

I have a website- www.ilovedoodlebugs.com that has links to all my social media spots and stores. It needed a makeover and I am trying to get it looking better. I cannot for the life of me get the color codes to match and a few things are off-centered.. so it is still a work in progress. But, I have been working on it this week.


003

Last year I made a superhero theme set and it only had little boy superheros. I had several request to add girl superheros so I revised the set and it is really cute! I just might use these for the beginning of school myself!

What “theme” do you have in mind for next year? Or, are you even thinking about that… yet!?!?


 
Add your link below! Happy Friday!
 
 

24 comments:

  1. Joining your 5 for Friday for the first time! So fun! Isn't the fundraiser that Ashley is doing amazing?? Teachers are truly so caring.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stationery is SO stinkin' cute! How exciting that you no longer are burning the candle at the both ends and you can leisurely work on it!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning a Superhero theme too. Today is actually Superhero day at our school - the kids look adorable!! Love your stationary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting! This is always such a fun linky!!

    Congrats on being on summer vacation! I LOVE your stationary!!

    Blessings,
    Becca
    First Grade in Foxwell Forest

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first week joining up and doing a Five for Friday. Looking forward to reorganizing myself this summer and blogging more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cleaning lady comes on Wednesdays, too. That's a great idea about going to school that day to work!

    Your stationery is so, so cute!

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!

    Thanks for hosting the linky.

    Something went wrong with my link up, so I tried again and now my button appears twice. If you don't mind, would you please delete link up #19, Compassionate Teacher. The second one is the one that works.

    Thanks!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Five For Friday! I only have one Friday left.
    http://kinder-gardening.blogspot.com/2013/05/five-for-memorial-day-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stationary... I am going to place an order soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love your stationery designs! I might have to check your website to see if you post to Australia. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your stationary! What a good idea to go into the classroom once a week... it must make going back in August that much easier :)

    Have a great long weekend!
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog and I am in love with your papers! I'm you're newest follower and I'm super excited to see all of your creative and beautiful things!!

    Bethany
    Ship Shape First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this opportunity! This is the first time I've linked up with 5 for Friday and was so VERY excited!
    I saved my post and was ready to look for your post at around 7am (Australian time) which is around 4pm US time! I keep forgetting that other people are on holidays so I was MUUUUCCCHHHH later than I hoped, but love reading other peoples 5's and finding awesome new teacher blogs. :)

    Liz - BaysideMathTeacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your Five for Fridays:) I usually already have a "theme" in mind for the next year. Had I stayed in Kindergarten, it would have been a ladybug (black/red polka dots), but then I read about what those colors can do to your students...LOL. I am now moving to 5th, and not sure they typically go all out with a theme?? Anyone know? Thanks & have a lovely summer!!

    Kimberlee @ iTeach 5th

    ReplyDelete
  15. My theme next year is Rockin' Room 208! :) Have any Rockstar themes in your store? I'm heading over to check it out!!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting a fun linky! All your products for Doodle Bug Paper looks amazing! :)
    Julie
    Ms. Shope's Class

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kacey,
    I LOVE your papers and Super Hero theme! I have a ton to share this week too so I look forward to linking up! Thanks for sharing!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used your SuperHero theme this year and totally LOVE it! Can't wait to add the little girls to it as well....thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a superhero board on Pinterest...it makes for a great theme!

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris
    Mrs. Harris Teaches Science!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am going to repeat my surf theme next year cause I liked it so much.

    Oh and I want to buy another portfolio from you but I have to go look at them again. Mine is a bit worn out. I am pretty hard on my things. LOL

    Mels

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the link up! I am going to expand upon my garden/flower theme and include some cute birds to my kinder classroom. This is the first time I've ever decided on a theme for the following year before the current year is over!
    Linda
    Kindergartendoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for this great linky party! I've been away from the teacher blogging world for a bit and this is a great way to see how it has grown and see what is up with everyone! Thanks again,
    Nancy
    www.theapplebasketteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am brand new to the teaching blog world! I will make sure to join your linky party next time. I adore the super hero items!!!

    ReplyDelete