January 18, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party…January 18th}

fiveforfriday

YEA! It is Friday. And, what a week it has been!

…………………….

1. The weather here has been crazy {really, CRAZY!} this week. Last Saturday we had record high temps and it was miserably HOT! Muggy, humid.. it was no fun! And rain, rain, rain…. Then Sunday a cold front came through and it turned really cold!

Then guess what.. we were under a Ice Storm warning Monday & Tuesday. We went to school Monday and told we were getting out at lunch.. then it started getting bad fast. So, we were told to contact parents and let kids go around 10:45. It was a short day.. but a crazy, hectic day. Then…

NO SCHOOL on TUESDAY! Whoooo Hooooo!!

We did have a chance of snow Wednesday night.. but we missed it.

…………………….

2. So, on Tuesday when we were not at school {for the ice storm} I reworked my math fact unit. It was a great unit to start with.. and I use it weekly. But, now it ROCKS! Seriously, I am so excited about all the new additions. Hopefully, I can blog about it before the weekend is over!

006

…………………….

3. Yesterday was my birthday! And one of my students brought me this yummy cake. I shared it with my class yesterday.. we all had a little sugar high yesterday!

014

…………………….

4. We also took a little time out of our busy day to play a boys vs girls game of roll the snowman. The boys were the lucky winners.

015   017

…………………….

5. Today we did a directed drawing activity. We started but have not finished a snowman. We have not done a directed drawing since before Thanksgiving. {You can see our turkeys here} I will post a picture of these when they are done.

020022

 

…………………….

Post about 5 random things from today or this week and link up below.

25 comments:

  1. I really like the roll a snowman game - I think I might try that next week. Thanks for the great idea and the linky!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - that's quite the stack of flash cards :) I have not tried the directed drawing yet but keep reading a lot about it. We may have to give it a try during indoor recess :) Thanks!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cake! My two favorite colors!! Happy belated birthday!!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! Thanks for sharing that roll a snowman idea. I LOVE it!

    Erin
    www.missandersonkinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your birthday was wonderful! Yummy cake. I love the snowman activities. I'm intrigued by the directed drawing. I've never heard of that. Thanks for sharing! Wishing you warm weather!
    Gina
    Beach Sand and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my sweet friend,

    I love the roll a snowman whole group. I have this as a center activity. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    Talk with you soon!!

    Cheryl~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! I will definitely need to check out that math facts unit for next year. It looks amazing!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha...Well, I'm new to blogging and to linky parties, so my link doesn't have a name. Sorry. I think it works other than that though. I love the look of your math facts unit...I'm pretty sure I know what I'll be buying after payday. (And I hope you blog about it, because I'd love to read how you use it!)

    Wallis
    First Grade Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Thanks for hosting this fun linky!

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love participate in your Five for Friday linky parties! Thank you for hosting and a very happy birthday to you!
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! I hope it was fabulous. I've always wished I didn't have a summer birthday, but it has its perks, too!

    I Love how bright your flashcards are! And I'm going to have to figure out how to work your snowman game into 3rd grade. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!

    I love playing games boys vs. girls - my 3rd graders get SO excited! :) I think I'm going to use your roll a snowman idea during 2nd load bus dismissal. We have about 30 kids in the room some afternoons, and I could use some new ideas!

    Abby
    Third Grade Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love the colors on your cake. I can't wait to see the final pictures of your snowmen. Thanks again for the linky. . . LOVE IT, see you next week.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting the this linky and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so cute that one of your students brought you a cake! =) I love the idea of playing roll a snowman as a whole class game, sounds fun!

    Thanks so much for hosting!

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Kacey,

    Such a fun linky party! I'd love to join in sometime! Do you do them every week?
    Also, a very happy belated birthday!!

    Jill
    abcs and polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of these weeks I have to get my act together so I can participate. :)
    Melissa
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of a whole class "Roll a Snowman" - need to try that. Happy Birthday

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this Linky Party idea! Do you do it every Friday?



    Krystyn Richards


    Ms. Richards's Musings

    msrichardssmusings@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete