January 11, 2013

Five for Friday {Linky Party .. January 10}

 

fiveforfriday

Today is Friday {whooo hoooo}. This week really went by fast to me.. but it has been a tough one.

Here are 5 random things about this week/or today.

Please join me in posting about your “Five for Friday” and adding your link below.

016

1. It has been all about long a – silent e this week. We are moving on to long I –silent e next week. We are busy learning about “Sneaky E”. 


020

2. We spent a little time doing greater than less than this morning during our “mat time”. It cracks me up every time watching kids draw those arrows. It seems that the “less than” arrow really is a hard skill for some of them to learn to draw/write.

043

3. We made these snowmen today. The patterns are in my Winter Fun Unit. They turned out cute.. and were simple to make. Now, if we only could get some snow!


037

4. Math centers are planned out and ready to go for Monday morning.

Yellow Bucket: Counting by 2’s

Blue Bucket: Even & Odd

Green Bucket: Tally Marks

Red Bucket: Ordering numbers from least to greatest.

{All of these are in the Winter Fun Unit}


003

5. I have a little birthday coming up this week.. and I believe in celebrating for at least a week. The big day is Thursday the 17th.. but I am going to try and stretch it out all week.

 

Have a great weekend!

xoxo, kacey

…………………………..

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting Kacey!! Happy early birthday! Or, maybe, Happy Birthday week!!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday week! I love your snowmen - so cute :) Thanks so much for hosting this linky. It's my first time joining, and I'm SO excited. Happy Friday :)

    Catherine
    The Brown Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very jealous that you have your math ready to go for Monday morning - I stayed home today with my sick daughter and have nothing ready for Monday, ah! Your winter fun unit looks great!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uber impressed and jealous your stations are all ready for next week! :) That's usually (well always) my weekend project, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a hard time with that less than sign as an adult! It's so hard to draw! I love how organized your centers are in those bins. Happy {almost} birthday!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday week! I just celebrated mine on Tuesday :)

    I went to a math training this past semester and learned a great "trick" to teaching firsties how to make the less than symbol. Before they draw the symbol, I have them put two dots next to the bigger number

    8 : 10

    Then add one dot next to the smaller number.

    8 . :10

    THEN they are ready to connect the dots!

    Sorry if this doesn't make sense on a comment! It's easier to explain in person.

    Thanks for hosting this linky!

    -The Frizz in First Grade


    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of celebrating your birthday for a week! The snowmen you made are super cute!
    Kate
    http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, girl!

    I'm excited to link up!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, I celebrate the whole month, lol. I love the silent "e" cards, what a great idea.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am in awe of your centers all ready to go. I have to go to the school tomorrow and get ready for the new week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy early birthday!!! I always celebrate for a week too! Thanks for hosting!

    Jayme
    Trendy in Third

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! Thanks for hosting the linky party, this is my first time joining! I am also your newest follower! I also teach first grade too! :)

    Pam
    Diary of a First Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday!! Thanks so much for hosting this fun linky! =) Those snowmen came out adorable!!

    Ashley
    The Resource Room Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy early Birthday! Oh and we're working on long i sneaky e next week too. I like your alphabet- I have the same one. :) Enjoy your birthday week!
    Shibahn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday week! I liked how you had the kids practice greater than/less than :) I love your linky party :) Will definitely be joining in next week :) Such a great wrap up for the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy early Birthday!

    I joined your linky today...even though it's Saturday. I feel like a rule-breaker! lol

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great start on your math centers. I have been meaning to start math centers for a year now and I've never sat down and organized it all. Maybe that should be a goal for me this school year.

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am your newest follower!! I love this idea and I will start next week =)

    Anna (Teacher Spice and Everything Nice)

    www.teacherspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday! Super cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete