April 21, 2012

Frogs- Part 2

 

We spent the past week learning about frogs. I didn’t get to all the “science things” that I would have liked to do. We did discuss amphibians and we learned the life cycle of a frog.

We never made it to the differences between frogs and toads. Just simply ran out of time.. and I debated about going on again next week with a 3rd week of frogs. But truthfully, I am ready to move on!

One of our weekly centers this week was an activity I have listed in my frog centers pack on TpT

There are 12 months of the year question cards and a recording sheet. The questions ask what month comes before/after a certain month. It was great practice.

002

Here is the link to purchase: Frog Centers

005


This next center is also in the Frog Centers pack. Students have to order numbers from least to the greatest.

003

When I look at this picture I see something we talk about all the time..

To spread out.. give each other some room. But I swear, my kids must love each other. Because, they squish together in the smallest of places. They are assigned an area of the room to do their center- but they have room to spread out. Why would they try and gather up so close? But, this is something we “discuss” all the time!!

{And one of my sweeties broke her left arm this week.. I have broken my arm and I know how much you truly rely on both hand/arms to do everything I know how she feels!!}


006

Counting by 3’s! We are getting sooooo good at this!

This counting by 3’s activity is centered around The Frog Prince. We enjoyed reading it this week too!

You can purchase it on TpT too. The recording sheet is included.

Link: Counting by 3’s Frog Prince Center


We also did this frog life cycle that came from Amy Lemons. It is simple and was an easy project for mine to do one afternoon.

002


We did this frog unscrambling activity this week too.

I printed several sets of these and paired my students up to unscramble one morning in groups.

004

I just realized that the second sentence is not right in this picture. They must have caught their mistake- because when they sentences back to me they were all correct!

These are in my frog centers pack too.

Link: Frog Centers


Another weekly center this week was this easy little life cycle project.

froglifecycle

It can be found here.

 

I hope you are having a nice weekend. I finished up my next mini unit… Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I laminated it this morning and will cut everything tonight. I should be able to share it with you tomorrow.

We will do a quick Bear Unit.. then move on to butterflies/insects. My caterpillars have been ordered and should be here next week. When they get here we will jump right into BUGS!

We only have 3 1/2 weeks of school left! Can you believe it??

I should also mention that I am terribly jealous of some fabulous girls that I got invited to spend the weekend with but could not work out the details. Cheryl at Primary Graffiti asked me to come to Atlanta this weekend and meet up with some great teachers. Weeks ago, I checked on flights and I could not make any of the options work. Oh I so wish I could have been there! I did send a big care package with Cheryl full of Doodle Bugs Paper products as special gifts that she could give to the teachers. I hope they are having a fabulous weekend!

 

xoxo, kacey

2 comments:

  1. Precious frog activities! I have a random story to share with you. A few weeks ago I was looking around a little resale shop and came across some of your stationary! It had your buisness card and everything with it. Nonetheless, I bought some of your thank you notecards there. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the frogs too! I wish you were in Atlanta this weekend. You'd of died. It was such a hoot! The gals LOVED your gift. We are preparing our post now!!

    I just posted mine with photos!
    Blog Besties

    ReplyDelete