April 13, 2012

Froggy Friday

 

Today is Friday, right? Because if I have to go to school tomorrow- I am calling in sick!  I am so thankful to have a weekend!

Our centers this week were all frog themed.

I get a lot of questions about how I do centers and I have every intention of posting about that soon.

But, here is the short version.

I promise it is nothing fancy. It is by far the easiest way known .. I have four centers and my kids are divided into 4 groups. They do one center per day. I do centers Tuesday-Friday. Some years I do five groups. It all depends on my class size.

I also do “groups” in the mornings which are different than centers. My class is divided into 2 or 3 groups and they will rotate and do all the group activities that day.

More on all that later….

 

I snapped a few pictures this afternoon to share the frog centers my kids worked on this week.

004

This number activity is in my frog centers pack on Teachers Pay Teachers. Students have to look at the four numbers and put them in order to form the greatest number possible.

Here is the link: Frog Centers

005

This center is several years old and needs to be remade. The cards are starting to look a little “worn out”. The frog cards have questions about the calendar. 

007

This is a center I made last year- I made the lily pads  on the computer and those are frog stickers stuck on them. Students count the frogs by 5’s and record their answers. The back of their recording sheet had some extra counting by 5’s practice work with larger numbers.

008009

And, the last center this week was making this SUPER easy frog face. I put all the paper, an example and tracing templates in a bucket and they needed no instruction.

026

Have a great weekend. I will be working on more frog stuff, fairy tales {Goldilocks is next!}, ar/or words, suffixes, contractions and abbreviations.

We have ONE MONTH of school left and I must try and cram as much as possible into their little brains!!!

xoxo, kacey

8 comments:

  1. I always feel like that on Friday- if I had to go one more day, I would call in!!! :) Your froggy centers look great! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I missed your 12 on the 12th again! It's on my calendar for next month!!! Love these frogs!


    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frog centers!! I want to do a frog themed classroom next year and this unit would fit right in.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Connie
    welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the froggy craft! It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute frogs!! I'm right there with ya on the weekend - it couldn't have come any sooner!

    Nicole
    Rowdy in Room 300

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love frogs. Your stuff looks awesome as always! I have dwarf frogs as a class pet...sooooooooo easy of a pet!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh my goodness those froggie crafts are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I came across your frog post while looking for ideas for a storytime.

    I love your frogs ~ isn't it cool how they all turn out so different even though the kids start with the same templates. I always love that!

    I have a Frog ABC'S Blog Hop on my blog, Storytime ABC'S (Activities, Books, Crafts, and Snacks). I like to share ideas for learning with the parents of young children and with others who work with young children.

    I think your post will fit right in, don't you? My blog is at http://librarystorytimeabcs.blogspot.com

    I hope you will stop by ~ check out the other frog posts ~ and link up with us!

    Have a lovely week!
    K

    ReplyDelete