September 24, 2011

A few questions answered..


013

Where did I get these graphics?
These graphics are from Lettering Delights and  can be purchased here.




041

Where did I get Pete?
Pete can be bought at Amazon or Barnes and Nobles..
I bought mine at Amazon.. just because it was cheaper!

020
How did I make this?
This is a poster that hangs on the front of my desk. The letters are mounted on a piece of black poster board.
I used scrapbooking paper and printed the letters using my printer. Then I cut them out by hand. The font is MTF Jumpin Jack I have a Cricut machine but I could not get it to accept this font.. which is why I cut the letters by hand. The letters in BEST are a full sheet of paper each.



013
What kind of reward system do I use?
My kids have sticker charts. Mostly they win stickers by playing games .. we play at least 1-2 games everyday.
I also will randomly select a few students each day to read their sight words, say their Bible verse, recite our poem, etc.. if they can do whatever I ask them to do “on the spot” they earn a sticker.
Also, if I pick their work to hang on our “good work” board they earn a sticker .
I do give out stickers for good behavior sometimes.
When they fill their sticker chart up they get to skip homework. Even though I don’t always think skipping homework is the best reward.. it is something that they love, its free .. and parents love it too.







010
Where did I get my gumball machine?
A childhood friend had it in her bedroom growing up. I looked on ebay and craig’s list for several months for one.. and I remembered her having one when we were growing up. Her mom and dad live a few houses down the street from my mom and dad.. and I called her mom. They still had it and graciously allowed me to borrow it. A fresh coat of black paint and a good washing.. and it has been the BEST THING EVER!
It has a coin slot- but you can turn it without money so it doesn’t use any coins.
My kids can have a gumball at the end of the day if they are stayed on purple or orange on the clip chart. I buy gumballs at Walmart. I usually cost be around $15 a year for gumballs. Pretty cheap reward system..









021
What font did I use for my lesson plan sheets?
It is called Elizabeth Skinny. You can find it here.














016 (2)
Did I make this sign?
I did. It is a canvas painted chocolate brown. The letters are cut using my cricut using scrapbooking page.. with a little Mod Podge on top. {I love that sticky stuff!}. Wire to hang and a little ribbon top!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for all the information. You are so creative! I think you are a Versatile Blogger! :)

- Elizabeth
http://firstyearinthe3rdgrade.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

Thanks for sharing your font! I see it on a lot of your work and I love it! I also found some other awesome fonts on that same site! :)

Creating & Teaching

yodajunkie said...

Thanks for sharing so man creative ideas!! I'm new to the blogging world this month and just love your site! You are so creative!
Rebecca @ teachingfirst-abc.blogspot.com

Kinderglynn said...

I just passed the Versatile Blog Award to you. Come on over and see: http://kinderglynn.blogspot.com/2011/09/versatile-blogger-award.html
Donna

Rebecca said...

Come by my blog when you can! I have a heart AWARD for you!!!

Happy Sunday!

Kristy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I gave you the Versatile Blogger award! You can check out my post here:

Teachin' First

Kristy

=0)

Tanya said...

I think your blog is amazing. I'm sure you've already received a Versatile Blogger award already. But I am also awarding you. Your ideas are incredible, and I follow you like a stalker.
☺ Tanya
First Grade is Fantabulous!

سما احمد said...

شركة تخزين عفش شرق الرياض
شركة نقل عفش شرق الرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخرج
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدودامي
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالزلفى
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمزاحمية
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالمجمعة
شركة مكافحة حشرات برماح
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقويعية
شركة رش مبيدات بالخرج
شركة رش مبيدات بالدودامي
شركة رش مبيدات بالزلفى
شركة رش مبيدات بالمزاحمية
شركة رش مبيدات بالمجمعة
شركة رش مبيدات برماح
شركة رش مبيدات بالقويعية

سما احمد said...

شركة جلي بلاط شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف مسابح شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات شرق الرياض
شركة عزل خزانات شرق الرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه شرق الرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس شرق الرياض
شركة نقل اثاث شرق الرياض
شركة شفط بيارات شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل شرق الرياض
شركة عزل الاسطح شرق الرياض
‪شركة رش المبيدات شرق الرياض
شركة مكافحة الحشرات شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف قصور شرق الرياض
شركة مكافحة الفئران شرق الرياض
شركة لمكافحة النمل الابيض شرق الرياض

شركة تنظيف فلل شرق الرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير شرق الرياض