June 10, 2016

Five for Friday {Linky Party.. June 10th}


Five for Friday is a weekly teacher linky party where you post five random things from today or this past week and on your blog. Then, you come back and link your blog post up at the bottom of this post in the linky tool. Grab the button above and link back to this post on your blog.
I spent last week on the beach. Which means I slept, ate, and read. On repeat...

Late afternoon and early nights are my favorite on the beach. All I need is a book in my lap.

Here is my stack of books that I took and read..

Top to bottom {Amazon links are provided below}

 I picked this up at the used book store. Sherryl Woods is an easy to read author who writes "fluff" that are just perfect for the beach. I actually didn't make it to this book but it will get read sometimes this summer.

Elin Hilderband NEVER disppoints in a good beach read. This one was a quick read that I enjoyed. It seems I read at least one of her books each summer while at the beach. You can never go wrong with her books.

This is a typical book for me.. chic lit. It was a quick read. Recommended for the beach for sure.

My sister handed this down to me. WOW! I read it almost in one sitting. It is definilty NOT my usual kind of read.. but it was good. Very interesting... Add it to your summer reading list for sure.

Can Liane Moriarty write a bad novel? Seriously, if you are living under a rock and have never read anything by her you are missing out. This one was good! Really good Totally recommend it! 

Umm.. YES! Order it now! It is supposed to be turned into a HBO series with Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Love this one! A LOT!

And, after the relaxing week at the beach I came right home to work. I finished up a set of apple centers that I started last fall. I printed, laminated and cut one afternoon this week while catching up on some DVR with my trusty assistant by my side.

These will be finished and listed in my store soon. 


And most of the week has been spent catching up on orders for my 
The ac went out in my office the week before I went to the beach. 
I was so happy it got fixed while I was gone and I can work in comfort now.
Look at this precious set of owl goodies for a special teacher.
Address labels, bag tag, teacher postcards, folded note cards and stickers. She is READY for next year!!

I get asked occasionally about my Friday quotes that I share. I have been pinning them forever and you can see them on my Friday Pinterest board. A Friday in the summer is just not as fun as a Friday during the school year! HA!

Enjoy your weekend! 


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
How to join the Five for Friday linky party....
Grab the button at the top
post your Five for Friday post on your blog
Put the button somewhere in your blog post and
link it back to this post
and add your link to the link-up below 


8 comments:

  1. I love book recommendations. I guess I need to climb out from under my rock and check out Liane Moriarty... though I sure am enjoying being under my rock with the Outlander series! Eight or nine big, thick books have taken me to another time and place since Christmas, and it's not a bad thing to see it played out so well on the screen in the series either! Thanks for your list! Have a GREAT summer, Kacey! Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kacey! I would LOVE to be at the beach right now but winter makes it less enjoyable. We've got a long weekend in Melbourne so I might look up some beach escapes anyway! Thanks for the book recos! :) Two more weeks of Term 2 for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Liane Moriarty! I'm headed out to the beach tomorrow - definitely grabbing a few of those books - thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Silver Girl! One of my favorite summer reads...Thank you for the other book recommendations!

    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved all of the Liane Moriarty books! I will have to check out the other suggestions! I've been looking for a few good summer reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED What Alice Forgot. That was probably my favorite Liane Moriarty book. I've also read We Were Liars. Definitely a different kind of read. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie Me Before You next weekend. I read Me Before You and Me After You and loved them. I signed my kids up for kids night out at our gymnastics gym so I can go see it! Your beach pictures make me miss the beach! Hope it was wonderful! Enjoy your summer!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ideas! I am going to look up your selection of summer breakaway books to read too. I try to read at least one book about strong influential women leaders. Love summertime to be able to escape into books in between, summer porch naps and gardening, I look forward to getting new ideas from friends.
    Jan Cantrell

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Three Wishes' by Liane Moriarty is my all time favourite book! I must have read it about 10 times. :) If you haven't read it you need to!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete