August 24, 2012

Freebie Friday {teacher week}

teacherweek

Happy Friday!!

Today is the last day of Teacher Week over at Blog Hoppin’. Today is all about freebies so make sure you jump over to the site and see what everyone is sharing.

lettercards

One of the activities we did last week was to use letter cards to practice spelling names. I wish I had better pictures of these but I got busy helping and forget to take more pictures.

But here are a few…

004

I copied these letter cards on all different colors of construction paper and divided my class into groups of 3. I gave them each a “bucket of letters” and a sentence strip. They had to find the letters to spell their names.

006

After they found their letters they had to cut them out, and glue them in order. I don’t have any pictures after they started cutting or gluing.

007

This was great practice for names but we will use these cards all year to spell words. You can download a free set of letter cards from my Teachers Pay Teachers Store.

The cards include all 26 letters lowercase and uppercase.

Here is the direct link: Letter Cards

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie! I will use these with my 3 year old son. Somehow. :) Though my older students might like it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! This would be great to use with Chrysanthemum !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! This is great - I've printed mine and will stop cutting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be a great activity for the first week of school. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just took a look around your store. Love the little Brown Bear cards! I have tons of the yellow tiles...so worth the price! They last forever! Thanks! I also pinned this name/sentence strip idea!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I can use this with my spelling words this week!!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've probably heard of Pinterest or at least seen the little "Pin It" links by images on different sites.

    Pinterest is one of the hottest and fastest growing social networks with over 4 Million DAILY Unique Visitors in March 2012 and over 2.3 BILLION Page Views in the same month.

    ReplyDelete